Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A card for Grandma . . .

Happy Hump Day my friends!
I recently got the bright idea to purchase some of the Cheery Lynn Designs dies that would help me 'personalize' some cards for my craft show stash ... i.e. Grandma, Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Daughter and today I've made my first card using one of these dies.



The current challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is 'Things with Wings' and I thought this beautiful bird image from the Crafty Secrets 'Little Blessings' Creative Scraps sheet would be a perfect image for Grandma!  

I've also used one of my 'go to' butterfly die sets from Cheery Lynn Designs ... #DL112 'Exotic Butterflies Small'.   I love this set ... just the right size and the fact that there are THREE different styles of butterfly in one set is awesome!  Today, I die cut them using clear matte vellum then colored them on the BACK side using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The vellum gives them a more 'delicate' appearance (LOVE THAT!).  I've also used the CLD 'Anastasia Border' #B136 for my paper lace panels.  ALL items used on today's card will be listed at the end of this post!
 
If you love this image and other beautiful vintage items, NOW is the perfect time to hop on over to the Crafty Secrets 'Crafty Vintage Girl Store' ... they are switching over to all digital so there are some AMAZING sales going on to help clear out the warehouse of stamps, creative scraps, and much, much more!!!

Other challenges to share in today:
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Anything Die Cut
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - Butterflies and Bows
Crafty-dee Bowz September Challenge - Anything Goes with homemade bow

Well ... I'd better get busy ... my 1st Fall Craft Show is only a week away and although I'm in 'pretty good shape' ... there are still some finishing touches to do and if time permits, a few other things I'd like to showcase ... just in case the ladies would like to place an order for closer to Christmas.

Have a great day!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Teal cs, First Edition Papers 'Love Letters' dp, Vellum
Image:  Crafty Secrets 'Little Blessings'
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Grandma', 'Anastasia Border', 'Exotic Butterflies'
Accessories:  Offray white satin ribbon, Craft-dee Bowz bow making tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.