Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A card for Grandma . . .

Happy Hump Day my friends!
I recently got the bright idea to purchase some of the Cheery Lynn Designs dies that would help me 'personalize' some cards for my craft show stash ... i.e. Grandma, Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Daughter and today I've made my first card using one of these dies.



The current challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is 'Things with Wings' and I thought this beautiful bird image from the Crafty Secrets 'Little Blessings' Creative Scraps sheet would be a perfect image for Grandma!  

I've also used one of my 'go to' butterfly die sets from Cheery Lynn Designs ... #DL112 'Exotic Butterflies Small'.   I love this set ... just the right size and the fact that there are THREE different styles of butterfly in one set is awesome!  Today, I die cut them using clear matte vellum then colored them on the BACK side using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The vellum gives them a more 'delicate' appearance (LOVE THAT!).  I've also used the CLD 'Anastasia Border' #B136 for my paper lace panels.  ALL items used on today's card will be listed at the end of this post!
 
If you love this image and other beautiful vintage items, NOW is the perfect time to hop on over to the Crafty Secrets 'Crafty Vintage Girl Store' ... they are switching over to all digital so there are some AMAZING sales going on to help clear out the warehouse of stamps, creative scraps, and much, much more!!!

Other challenges to share in today:
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Anything Die Cut
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - Butterflies and Bows
Crafty-dee Bowz September Challenge - Anything Goes with homemade bow

Well ... I'd better get busy ... my 1st Fall Craft Show is only a week away and although I'm in 'pretty good shape' ... there are still some finishing touches to do and if time permits, a few other things I'd like to showcase ... just in case the ladies would like to place an order for closer to Christmas.

Have a great day!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Teal cs, First Edition Papers 'Love Letters' dp, Vellum
Image:  Crafty Secrets 'Little Blessings'
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Grandma', 'Anastasia Border', 'Exotic Butterflies'
Accessories:  Offray white satin ribbon, Craft-dee Bowz bow making tool

15 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car dis beautiful; love the diagonal border. And the image is gorgeous.Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the blue trim and the purple butterfly! Sweet image as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly lovely card for Grandma! I love that you can add a special touch with those Cheery Lynn die words! Love the way you have the borders on the card, and the sweet butterflies and sweet image!
    Thanks for playing along in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Lots of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, WOW your vintage card is so pretty and love the colors you have used. I really like that diagonal border too. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree with you that the Exotic Butterflies Small is an awesome die set! Great card! Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, love this card, my MeMa would have loved it! The butterflies out of vellum are a great look. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a beautiful card. I love everything about it. I would love to receive this as well. Thank you so much for sharing this week at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you've used for this card as well as the detail of the beautiful lacy border and die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful card, love the border and the wonderful butterfly! So glad you shared your lovely creation with us at TT this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some lucky Grandma will be adding this beautiful card to her refrigerator display! So clever to add the die cut words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very gorgeous and the added teal blue is awesome...makes the card just pop out in it's beautiful colors!! LOVE the image....another masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card for Grandma

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlbug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene