Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Christmas is coming ...

Good Afternoon my friends!
I have a 2nd post today because I didn't want to miss out on playing the current challenge over at Classy Cards n Such which is Trees & Foliage.  Somehow time always gets away from me and I miss playing so I'm jumping on it today!!


I figured now is as good a time as any to get some holiday cards created so that is my theme for today.  The Classy Cards n Such product I have used on today's card are the beautiful Impression Obsession #DIE084 'Fir Trees' as well as the Impression Obsession #DIE117 'Small Deer'.

I recently won this gorgeous, vintage holiday design paper by Maja Designs called 'It's Christmas Time' and just couldn't wait to tear into it.  AND, since Santa's trees had snow on them I decided to add snow to mine using White Liquid Applique!!


This beautiful paper is 2-sided so I took advantage of that point and did a little fussy cutting around the Santa images, flipped it over and mimicked the cut on the reverse side before adhering to my background choice.  

Challenges to share in:
Stamps & Fun = Creativity - 3 layers of paper
Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes (must be Christmas)
 My Perfect Life - Any Christmas Card goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
As always . . .


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect Christmas card with beautiful papers!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n such" for our "Trees/Foliage" challenge
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the extra touch with the liquid applique for the snow...perfect!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Darlene, Just popped in to see what you have been up to lately. You are just so organized to be creating for Christmas already. I haven't begun to think about anything even remotely close to that yet. I'm still trying to tackle Fall and Halloween. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love all that lovely snow on the trees, really pops out beautifuly. Makes me think that perhaps it is time for Christmas after all. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card and papers,love the dies and detail and thank you for the comment on my blog
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous design - I love how you've laid it all out and the 'snow' on the tress is perfect. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous paper! Love how you used both sides (I hate to cover up a good back side too!). Thanks for playing our Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful thanks for joining us at sfc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Darlene, what a stunning Christmas card!! I love the beautiful background papers and your 3D trees are just kicking! I love all the snow and your winter deer! Makes me crave my home town! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene