Sunday, September 28, 2014

EXCITING NEWS to share . . .

Happy Sunday my Friends!
I am doing a craft show at the Mum Festival in Barberton, Ohio this weekend, so I'm hoping blogger plays nice and posts on time, because I have exciting news to share!!!
I'm been bursting at the seams just waiting until I was allowed to make this announcement!  
Drum Roll Please .....
I've been asked to be one of the three new design team members at the 
Thank you so much Chana and Kathi!  
I'm honored and thrilled!

Our challenges are ANYTHING GOES ... WITH A TWIST!!!
Today's twist is to use HEARTS on your creation!
and, our sponsor today is Oak Pond Creations

What fun I had rummaging through their store looking for the image that would catch my eye to use for today's debut card and will Fall in the air, I also wanted something I could color with Fall colors in mind ... low and behold, this image called 'Georgia's Daisies' jumped out at me and the fun began.

I also knew I wanted to POP UP the center flowers so I printed the image twice before coloring and fussy cutting.  My coloring was done with Spectrum Noir PENCILS.  Yep ... I have all the alcohol markers, but recently purchased all the pencil sets (found them on sale at one of my local craft stores) ... and I couldn't resist!  


 It was actually that little heart in the center of the bow that caught my eye on this image.  So at the last minute I decided to also fussy cut, POP it up and add red Stickles for added attention and sparkle.  Here's a close up of the coloring and dimension.


I hope you'll come join in the challenge fun at 613 Avenue Create and be sure to pop over to be inspired by my team mates!  What a talented group of ladies!  WOW!

A few challenges to share in are:
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes w/Twist of Red
A Creative Romance Challenge - In the Garden
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Challenge #76 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you're having a FABULOUS weekend!
Till next time and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Rust cs, Red cs
Dies:  Memory Box 'Twirled Hearts' #98279, Creative Expressions - Sue Wilson Dies 'Spanish Collection - Cordoba' #CED1206, Spellbinder 'Snowflakes View' #S6-015
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir pencils, Pop Dots, Kaiser Pearls, Gold and Red Stickles

18 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene. Many congratulations on your success. Your card is just so beautiful and lovely colours too.
    Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new DT! Well deserved! I enjoy your creations very much! Today's card is another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dar! I just love this cheery daisy bouquet. The way you popped them up and shaped the leaves is absolutely brilliant! The layers are wonderful, too. So happy to be on another team with you. I hope you sell out at your craft fair!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene,
    We are equally excited here at 613 Avenue Create! Thank you for joining our little "family" and sharing your talent with us! And what a beautifully detailed debut card! Love the dimension and sparkle!

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, I am so happy for you! Congratulations! They are so lucky to have a talented lady like you on their team, what an asset you will be! What a great card for your first DT spot! Love the intricate frames and your wonderful glittery flowers! What a creative thing you did with those hearts, pulling the centers out and switching colours...love it all! I wish you the best of luck on this new crafty adventure! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have you aboard. Great creation for your first challenge inspiration on the team. ♥ Monica
    DT for 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done- loving your fab flowers popped up- I love the fussy cut flowers and the dimension + the sparkle you added : ) Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Darlene congratulations!!!!! You so deserve it! your work is beautiful. This card is absolutely lovely!
    Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Darlene! Welcome to the house at 613 - it is going to be fun working with you! I love what you did with these flowers... the fussy cutting and elevation of the flowers and the little heart really make a charming bouquet. I love 3D and this one is absolutely lovely!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prety card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Darlene! Love this! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so beautiful Darlene. Loving the dimension on the flowers and the hearts on the side.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful colours! Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 48 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene congrats on your new DT post and welcome to the team-looking forward to working with you -love your beautiful card and decoupaged image love the heart border and die-cut-frame and gorgeous Autumn colours -my favourite season
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Darlene...So glad we are part of the same neighborhood---613 Avenue Create and that you are also in my team. I am grateful for stopping by my Blog and leaving me with such sweet comment for my card. Like you, I am excited to get to know you as well and if you have any questions regarding our DT Blog, please don't hesitate to ask. I am delighted that you enjoyed browsing my projects. You have done a marvelous job with your debut card in this post. The colors are bright and cheery, excellent pop-up of those flowers and wonderful coloring of the image. Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, congrats to you my friend, how exciting for you...wonderfully colored image and I love the "sparkley" centers!!...Can't wait to see more of your creations at 613 Avenue!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your DT gig!! Wonderful card. I love what you did with the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us over at Sister Act. -Alycia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene