background

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers

Good Day All!
It's time once again for a fun challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
I'm honored to be your hostess today and our theme is

LOTS OF LAYERS!

This was a fun challenge for me since I'm more of a 'layers' type crafter than a 'CAS' crafter!  LOL!  Here's what I've created to share with you today . . .


My image is from a set of vintage prints I purchased at the Adventures in Stamping convention several years ago here in Akron, Ohio.  Isn't it adorable?  How sweet that the doggie is singing along while she plays the piano ... and of course the cat couldn't be left out so, he's perched himself atop the piano! 


Here are a couple close ups for a better view of the details.
You can click on either picture to enlarge more.


and of course, a peek at the inside!

I hope you'll come play along in our challenge!  And for more inspiration, please check out what my 'Sistahs' and Step Sistahs have created!  I'm sure they would love it if you took a moment to visit their blogs and leave them a comment.

A few challenge to share in today are:
Clear It Out Challenge - Birthday/glossy accent
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Die Cut
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Oh How Cute!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
As always ...



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV 'Classic Coordinating Prints & Cardstock'
Stamp/Ink:  Heartfelt Creations/Versafine Onyx
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs 'Mini Fanciful Flourish Reverse' #B291, 'Pretty, Pretty Bow' #B422, Memory Box 'Party Music' #98757
Accessories:  Pop Dots, Offray White Satin Ribbon, Crystal Effects



11 comments:

  1. Love this, and the dog "singing" just has to make you smile, we used to have a dog that did that when I was a child, my dad played his sax just so the dog would "howl"....brings back good memories....awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love all the layers and swirls you have incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...what a sweet project...stop by an play with us again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful image, and I love the musical staff swooping down over it, Dar. Lots and lots of luscious layers, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the music and the leaf die cuts. thanks for playing along with us at Clear it Out for the Birthday/shiny challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is a gorgeously constructed card! thanks for playing along with our happy birthday challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great vintage image and a lovely card

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 95, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always do such a fantastic job on your cards. Is that a stamp or your handwriting on the inside/??? When I grow up I want to be your stash of dies!! lol At first I thought, DANG how did she get the ribbon to match the paper?? Then I saw that you made it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene