Sunday, November 16, 2014

Looking out the window ...

Hello my friends!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
As usual, I'm busy preparing for my end of the year craft fairs but after talking to my friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) I decided to take a break away from craft fair items and play along in a fun challenge she steered me towards.  

The challenge is called 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and the current challenge is
Yep, it must be Christmas and involve a window.
Diane knows I love creating this type of card so she didn't hesitate to tell be about this fun challenge.  Thanks my friend!!!  Be sure to check out HER POST HERE for the card she created ... it's beautiful!  I told her I thought it was funny that her card is "from the outside looking IN" and mine is "from the inside looking OUT"!!!  LOL ...

Here's what I came up with . . .

  My image is stamped on white vellum then colored on the 'back' side using my Spectrum Noir markers.  I know dye markers are better for this technique but without thinking I just started using my alcohol markers and I think they came together just fine!  
Now of course I couldn't just stop at ONE card!  So, here's another card using the same technique.


Since I am in need of several more holiday cards not only for my craft fairs but for my own personal friends, I decided to create a couple more 'windows' which will be turned into Christmas cards later in the week.
 

Here are a few other challenges I'd like to share in today then I really MUST be getting back to my craft fair projects ...
Alphabet Challenge -  T for Traditional Christmas
Chocolate Coffee Cards - Favorite Holiday (Christmas)
Word Art Wednesday .- Anything Goes 
C.R.A.F.T  Challenge - Christmas
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes 
Craft A Scene Challenge - Trees, trees, trees

OH and by the looks of the radar here in NE Ohio, I just might have this sort of view out my own window come tomorrow morning!  They're calling for 1-3" tonight and another 3-5" tomorrow!  Gee ... guess where you'll find me!!  LOL!
Yep ... tucked away in my cave just crafting my little fingers to the bone!  LOL!

Happy Day and as always . . .

UPDATE:
YEP!  They were right ... here's what I woke up to this morning!
The 1st photo was the view out the side lights of my front door at 6:45 a.m.

This is looking out the back sliding door around 8:00 a.m.
AND, it's still coming down (10 am)
WELCOME WINTER!!!

18 comments:

  1. Darlene, I love your window cards! The are just amazing! I love your spare windows too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...these are beautiful. As I scrolled I was like "oooh i love that one, ooooh no that's my favorite, ooooh that's...oh forget it, they are ALL awesome ". The one with the Christmas tree inside and the beautiful pine outside is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you joining us over at 52CCT. Love your card and the spare windows. Thanks for dropping by my blog.
    hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering our C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given me some lovely window ideas! Your windows are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow loads of windows - all very beautiful - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Nice job. You are very good at creating gorgeous window cards! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creations with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, tu es dans l'ambiance de l'hiver Darlène, quelle jolie neige et quelle belle vue de tes fenêtres, tes cartes sont très réussi, je vois que tu as été très inspirée, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the window idea. Such beautiful creations. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've really rocked the window challenge! I think all the windows you've created are gorgeous and the two completed cards are fab. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    BTW - the snow photos are super. It's finally arrived here in Northville, MI - although not quite as much as you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. I love the view out of each of these windows.

    I had the same view that you had this morning. It was a beautiful sight.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful window card designs...and Yes welcome winter, we have snow too!
    Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. marvellous window card!
    thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft-Challenge!

     

    Hugs and kisses from germany,

    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene,
    lovely christmas cards. Love the window design.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, sweet! I totally love your card! I am so much fond of handmade Christmas greetings and I am trying to keep all of my cards for my family personalized. I wish I could be as good as you. That's lovely. Have a great and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a real 'window' expert! These look fantastic stamped onto vellum, must give that a try. Thanks for joining in with our window challenge this week
    Louise from 52 CCT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely scenes on your cards Darlene, and lovely scenes of the snow too. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! I really like Christmas cards. I make my own Merry Christmas Wishes Cards too, but yours are real work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene