Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sisterhood - Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Lisa is our hostess today and our theme is:

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!!

And, if you noticed my Christmas Countdown at the top of my sidebar, you'll see it's closer than you think!!  Well at least closer than I'd hoped it would be!!  LOL!


Don't you just love this vintage Santa image?  It comes from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas Digital Stamp Set.   I decided to just do a little coloring on this image so his beautiful, weathered face would stand out!  Can you imagine getting to ALL THOSE HOUSES in just ONE NIGHT!!!  It's no wonder he's looking a bit worn out!  LOL!

I also decided to do a little fussy cutting and faux stitching.  This time I did my faux stitching by using a paper piercer all the way around the image ... then 'connecting the dots' with a TH fine time black distress marker.  Love how it turned out!


I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
You simply need to use SANTA somewhere on your card/project!
EASY AS THAT!!

Here's a few other challenges I'd like to share in today:

Craftin Desert Diva's Link It Up Party - Christmas
My Creative Moments Monday Morning Challenge #1 - Christmas or Winter
Oh La La Creations Challenge #170 - Christmas
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Use Die Cuts
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Snowflakes
Try It On Tuesday Challenge - Christmas is Coming

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... now I'd better get those pies baked or I'll be in trouble with the family tomorrow!!  LOL!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
As always . . .

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card Darlene, love the stamps and beautiful border die!
    Thanks so much for playing in my Monday Morning challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this vintage santa also. I have the CS stamp set and also the VintageChristmas CD. I was wondering how large you sized him for this particular card. I have been using 3x4 and 4x6 size but he looks larger than either of those sizes on your card. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer the question about the size I printed my Santa image:
    My card is A6 in size and Santa is 3" x 5" and fussy cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice creation - I like it. Thanks for joining EAC.
    Hugs
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage Santa and the coloring. Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing with us on TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love the Santa's image and the fantastic border die.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful traditional Christmas card.
    Love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful traditional image. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! I love your vintage Santa! Thanks for joining the Craftin Desert Diva's Christmas Linky Party!!
    DT Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the vintage Santa looks fabulous! Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene this is another fantastic creation of yours!! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene