Monday, February 9, 2015

Birds, Birds and more Birds!

Happy Monday Everyone!
I'll try to keep this 'short and sweet' since I know I can get 'long winded' at times, lol!
Over the weekend I discovered a new (new to me) challenge blog and couldn't wait to play along.  Anyone who knows me knows that vintage is my favorite design style ... so this challenge really caught my eye.  
and their latest challenge is:
 Choose a theme from this photo-collage to make your vintage creation . . .

I chose to go with BIRDS and here's what I've come up with . . .

I must say I had SO MUCH FUN creating this card. 
It just kept growing and growing ... LOL!
Here is a close up of the floral cluster ...
I've had these the Paper Studio 'Spare Parts' metal birdhouse charms for a very long time and was so thrilled when I spotted them hanging on my embellishment board!  And the flowers were purchased from Wild Orchid Crafts and I've had those for a long time also ... so nice to start using some of the beautiful embellishments I have 'collected' in my studio!  My bird images are from the Crafty Secrets Birds & Blossoms printable sheets and I've distressed the edges using the Tim Holtz distressing tool and Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. 
Here's a peek at the inside of my card . . .
I'm trying very hard to 'complete' my cards inside and out before moving on to another project.  And enjoy utilizing the coordinating elements for the inside versus just a plain white inside panel.

Challenges to share in today are:
The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog - It's Charming (+ ribbon)
A Gem of a Challenge - Lots of Layers
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes with Twist/Something with Wings

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory cs, Brown cs, Teal cs, Anna Griffin dp, DCWV dp
Ink:  Tim Holtz 'Tea Dye' and 'Antique Linen' distress inks, Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' ink
Dies/Punches:  Memory Box 'Meadowbird Branch' #30004, Poppy Stamps 'Carolina Birdhouse' #928, Martha Stewart 'Branch' punch, Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Finishing Touches - Petite Vinery' #CED1418, 
Accessories:  TPC Studio 'Ancestral Pearl Brads', Tim Holtz distresser, gold organza ribbon, large sponge daubers

16 comments:

  1. How gorgeous Darlene, I really love vintage and this is no exception, a wonderful design! will take a look at your link, looks an interesting challenge blog, thanks for that
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Dar! Isn't it fun to dig in and use "old stuff"? As much as I like the outside of the card, the inside is what really caught my eye. I love the diagonal lines you created with that pretty paper! That is something I have never done...and I am going to give it a try! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, I think this is my favorite card so far...love the birds and all the details (you know how I love all the do-dads..lol)..great layering, pretty flowers, just a WOW factor!!! Great job my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Darlene, all the detail that you have put on it is wonderful and everything matches perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope you will join us again very soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene!

    How nice that you find our blog and join us immediately!
    We all love birds, also on a card! What a nice job!
    Great environment!
    Thank you so much for joining us @ WLVC
    And hope to see you back soon!!

    Kind regards,
    Jacomijn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, it's beautiful! I love the flowers you've used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd recognize the sweet robin image anywhere. That birds and blossoms sheet was one of the first Crafty Secrets things I bought. Love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do vintage so well! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Darlene, this is fantastic! I adore that little bird cage charm, and your flowers are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 66 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bird collaged card, Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this great card - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is gorgeous!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene...welcome at our challenge at WLVC with this lovely card. So pretty and so much nice details...I love the birds, the flowers, the birdcage....
    We love to see you back at our challenges.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice card. thanks for joining us at WLVC
    hugs Miranda (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene