Sunday, February 1, 2015

Congratulations . . .

Happy SUPER BOWL SUNDAY Everyone!
I wonder who the Congratulations will go to at day's end??
But before the 'big game' begins, I want to share with you a card I have created for the fabulously fun sketch challenge blog found over at Cardabilities Card Sketch Blog.
This is the new sketch I followed for my creation.


I am in need of some 'congratulatory' type cards so that is the theme I went with today.  I also have some new heart dies that I was anxious to use today.  What do you think?




















In case you haven't noticed, I've been playing around with making some changes to my blog and how it appears to the outside world (hope you like it).  
Not only have I been inspired to learn how to create my own blog headers but I'm trying to clean things up a bit so it's not too cluttered and 'scare' you away!  I typically share my photos with you in extra large size so you can see the detail but I'm afraid maybe that's a mistake so I will share only in 'large' size or smaller that way you can click on it if you want an even closer look.

Now back to my card.
I have been SO happy with the cards I've been creating for this challenge!  I really think these sketches have inspired me to be more creative and for that I thank the owners and design team at Cardabilites!  
OH and if you are a scrapbooker ... they also have a blog geared towards scrapbook sketches ... there's a link at the top of the Cardabilities Card Sketch Blog ... check it out!

Other challenges to share in today:
Poppy Stamps Challenge #5 - My Love 
Crafty Creations Challenge #281 - Something Old, Something New
(Old - design paper and SB dies ... New - Heart Stem Dies)
Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes
Wonderful Wednesdays Challenge - Always Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
For those of you watch the game today ... ENJOY!
We are expecting SNOW all day (6+ inches predicted) so no parties for us other than in the safety and comfort of our own livingroom!  We have a 58" TV ... I think that's all that's required!!  LOL
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Scrap of design paper for middle size heart, Prima 'Nature Garden' 6x6 pattern paper
Inks:  Tim Holtz 'Tea Dye' distress ink, Tim Holtz 'Brushed Corduroy' distress ink, Color Box 'Berrylicious' and 'Rose Coral'
Dies:  Spellbinder 'Classic Hearts', PoppyStamps 'TrueLove Stems' #1123, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Congratulations' #B289
Accessories:  Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dot' embossing folder, Tim Holtz distressing tool, large sponge daubers, White Liquid Pearls
Card Size:  5x7 (A7)

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful inside and out...glad to see you playing with your new dies....and your blog looks great...gee, I wonder where that idea came from...lol....yes I agree about the pictures..maybe large is better, not everyone has a BIG screen, plus then you can't see all the little mistakes (talking about me not you...lol)..anyhow very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this lovely card! It's great inside and out and I love all the pretty hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous Autumnal colours and how you decorated the inside too.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Darlene this is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful use of the sketch and the Valentine's theme! Love the inside sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go again,...putting the small photo right beside the list of recipe ingredients that you used to create this beautiful card. Love, love, love that you do that for us! Here in eastern Nebraska we are "enjoying" a Sunday blizzard. Not very fun if you absolutely have to go out and drive in it, but it is one of those storms that coated all the trees and bushes, so it is gorgeous to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While everyone else watches the game, I thought I would visit some of my blogging friends I have not stopped at for a bit. The whole thing with the Patriots and soft footballs makes me even tired of the whole football thing.
    Glad you are home safe and sound!! Enjoy the game!!

    Your card is beautiful!! Love all the coloration and all the use of dies!! Gorgeous use of the sketch!! The recipient will be blessed to receive it.

    Your blog looks great!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous, Darlene! I love that spray of hearts and the fabulous colors! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card so glad you join in at Add a little dazzle.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color combo and use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, your card is beautiful! The 3 pearls was the icing on the cake for me. Nice job! I like this very much.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Inspiration Destination challenge blog. Good luck!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Darlene, love your layout and gorgeous colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Poppystamp monthly challenge Blog.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Card! STunning! DT Member Poppystamps Lezlye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layering and love all your hearts. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete

  17. Soooo pretty!! Those are really delicate, love them!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene