Saturday, April 11, 2015

Butterfly Kisses

Happy Saturday Friends!
Do you have something exciting planned for this weekend?
I have a busy 'crafting' month ahead so you'll most likely find me in my 'cave'
 if by chance you are looking for me!  LOL!

Today I have a card to share that I created for a couple fun challenge blogs.
I LOVE ribbon so of course I had to partake in the latest challenge offered at Really Reasonable Ribbons called 'Things With Wings' ... and, another favorite of mine is butterflies so I'd also like to share in the latest Butterfly Challenge which is Butterflies + M for Music Notes.
Here's what I came up with ...


Although I have several butterfly dies, I chose this beautiful K&Company chipboard butterfly for my focus today.  I love how it has the printed acetate layer to give it more dimension.

And I'm thinking with the musical notes, this card is perfect for a birthday, 
so that is what the inside reflects.  
Inside
By simply die cutting the Spellbinder Framabilities 'Scallop Edge Frame' from white card stock, it showcased this pretty butterfly perfectly.  Of course with butterflies you'll always find a touch of sparkle from the sunshine or dew on the flowers.  So, I decided to add a touch of sparkle with Diamond Stickles around my frame as well as on the wings of the little Martha Stewart punched butterflies I used to adorn the centers of my ribbon bows.  So pretty IRL!


The new April Ribbon Club Assortment over at Really Reasonable Ribbons is just beautiful and worked perfectly to pull out the touch of blue on my butterfly.
Like my cute little ribbon bows?
I made them with my Craft-Dee Bowz bow making tool.  Easy to use and a perfect bow every time!   I would also like to enter this card into their current Craft-Dee Bowz April Challenge.  I'm honored to tell you I was their March winner ... thanks so much Craft-Dee Bowz ladies!

A few other challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge - Butterfly Focal
 The Paper Shelter - Birthday with Sentiment
Scrapy Land Challenge - Anything Goes with dies sold at ScrapyLand
Digi Choosday Challenge - Use a Die
Moving Along With The Times Challenge - Photo Inspiration

Scrap & Craft Challenge #6 - Frame It
~Jo's Scrap Shack Challenge - Florals and Butterflies


Well, as I said, I have a busy month ahead plus I have a group of ladies coming to purchase cards this afternoon so I'd best 'tidy my crafting cave up' a bit!  LOL   There are pieces of paper everywhere ... goodness!  how does that happen?  LOL

Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:   White cs, the Paper Studio 'Kirby Teesdale Studio' dp
Stamps/Ink:  Stampabilities, Serendipity Stamps, Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Spellbinder Framabilities 'Scallop Edge Frame', Memory Box 'Party Music', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Whistle A Happy Tune'
Accessories:  Martha Stewart '3 in 1 Butterfly Punch', Diamond Stickles, Really Reasonable Ribbons 'April Ribbon Club Assortment' satin ribbon, K&Co dimensional butterfly

19 comments:

  1. this is so elegant, Darlene! and the pops of that gorgeous teal blue and simply gorgeous! the butterfly is stunning all in itself.

    have a great weekend and enjoy this sunshine we have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the butterfly and the gorgeous dies you used to make it stand out. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #15!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I like the way you have framed the butterfly to look like a picture. Very effective and I love the music note die. The blue in the ribbon is a gorgeous shade. Thankyou for fluttering by #28. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous Darlene! I love butterflies too... and this card really is just gorgeous. I love the delicacy about it and love the pretty aqua ribbon! This would fit our challenge this week, Florals and butterflies. ....Should enter! Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you taking part in our Fun~Day Friday Challenge this week!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

      Delete
  5. your butterfly birthday card is fabulous, Darlene! Love the realism in it, and the pretty frame. The interior is just as pretty. I especially like the popped up musical notes - beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene,

    Your card is so elegant. I love all of the intricate cuts you used. Your butterfly looks 100% real!!! AMAZING!

    Thanks for playing at ~Jo's Scrap Shack~

    Happy Crafting,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...this is so gorgeous; the butterflies and the ribbons are fabulous Darlene. Love it! Thank you for visiting my blog and leave some love. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Really love that butterfly. Thank you for entering the Digi Choosday Use a Die challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and great butterfly. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card and so much detail - I love the music notes die. Thank you for joining the 'M for Music Notes' challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, Darlene. I just LOVE your art, and I thank you for sharing with us. Please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card! Love your design and the music dies!
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at The Paper Shelter!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card !! Love the bows and the lovely frame ....

    Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
    Good luck!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a lovely card :) thank you so much for plying with us at Scrap & Craft
    Margot DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Creation, what a beautiful butterfly you have on the card. Thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this week, Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful butterfly. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW that butterfly looks real!! What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene