Friday, April 24, 2015

Exciting News to Share . . .

Hello Dear Friends and Happy Weekend!
Sorry I don't have any new cards to share with you this evening but I do have some EXCITING NEWS that I'd like to share!  It's been a very busy week and going to be an even busier weekend for me but I'm not complaining as I'm doing what I love ... creating my cards and meeting people.  

On Wednesday I did a private show in Wadsworth, Ohio at the Galaxy Restaurant and one of the other vendors I met at this show just so happens to have a unique and fabulous Tea Shop just 5 minutes from my home!! 
OMG and I didn't even know they were there ... 
I really need to get out of the cave from time to time!  LOL!

This darling shop is called:
Marge's Place At Portage Lakes LLC
and it's run by two of the sweetest ladies (sisters) you'd ever want to meet!


If you are from the Akron, Ohio area you really MUST take the time to stop by this shop.  They are open THURS, FRI & SAT  10-5 and if you're looking for some unique, beautiful & tasty gift ideas ... this place is for you!  I actually gasp when I walked it the door and thought OH YEA ... THIS IS MY KIND OF SHOP!   For those of you who live in my area, they are located at 4118 State Park Drive (street right across from Dietz's Landing ... off 619 Turkeyfoot Road).


Now for a peek at the inside ... are you ready??  LOL!





I KNOW ... ISN'T IT AWESOME???

okay now HERE'S MY EXCITING NEW . . .

They have asked ME (take a breath Darlene! lol) to create 'Tea Themed' cards and gift items that they can display/sell in their adorable, quaint shop.  OMG I couldn't say YES quick enough!!  LOL!  I'm honored and excited to have my creations showcased in such a beautiful shop!

So if you're in the area, please, please, please take the time to stop by this shop and be sure to tell them I sent you!  You won't be sorry!  And if when you do, be sure to look HIGH and LOW ... there is beauty to be found at every level of this shop! 

Thanks for letting me blow my own horn ... I'm just so excited I had to share it with all of you!!
I have another private show tomorrow for the Red Hat Society!  Wish me luck!
AND, it's time once again for the Adventures in Stamping Convention held at the John S. Knight Center downtown Akron all weekend.  I will be not only attending this year but also been ask to do demo's for the Heartfelt Creations booth.  If you happen to be coming to the convention on Sunday ... please stop by and say HELLO!  

Time to get out of the cave and get a little rest before this whirlwind all begins!
As always . . .

14 comments:

  1. Hey this is great news and the shop looks so quaint and gorgeous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute lil shop and I can understand your excitement...I feel the same when when I discover a shop I love
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wanna go! But alas, it is quite a drive just to visit that sweet little shop! congratulations girl! You are so creative and I just know you will be quite successful there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect fit for you. Her shop is adorable and your cards will be a perfect addition. You'd better make bunches...they are going to fly off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! What a great gig! Congrats to you! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting such a fab offer Darlene, it looks such a cute place!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful things happening to a wonderful person! I am not the least bit surprised. :) so very very happy for you! have a wonderful time at the Stamp Show, too. looks as if I won't be there this year, but maybe maybe maybe next year..... one day we WILL meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, Congratulations on making cards for the ladies. You are a gifted stamper and will do well with this. I wish I would have read this sooner. I was in Akron for the show today and I could have stopped and said hi.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well of course they want you to display/sell in their shop! Your work is awesome and a perfect fit! Hooray!!! That's just wonderful news, Dar! So excited for you. I wish I lived close enough to pop in and visit! You'll be in the cave 24/7 from the sound of things! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my - first congrats to you - your artwork always knocks it out of the park so I am not surprised at the request. And wich I did live near by because that little shop is just what I love - browsing and peeking into every nook and corner - my type of shop!! Can't wait to see what you create for them - please post something so we can all drool over your work - thank goodness this is thru a PC!!! LOL Big Hugs and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Dar! Thanks for telling me about this wonderful tea shop and introducing me to one of the owners at the Adventures in Stamping Convention. What a beautiful shop. Will definitely have to stop by there sometime.It was so much fun talking to you and watching you demo. Can't wait to get together with you in May. It's been too long. Also thanks for the card. You are such an inspiration, I had to buy the bundle of stamps and dies. I told Larry you made me do it. He really liked my purchases. Talk to you soon. Big Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Darlene, I just read your exciting news and I'm not surprised they want some of your beautiful cards to sell! It's funny as I have a huge collection of tea themed images with amazing etchings of tea pots, teacups, tea parties with ladies, children and dolls. I've been meaning to create a digital stamp set. Now you have inspired me to get busy! If there is anything in particular you want in an image please let me know.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh Darlene this is amazing news!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I cannot wait to see your beautiful tea cards that will go for sale up in their adorable shop! Good luck and happy crafting my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a darling little shop. Congrats on your fabulous news. I am happy for you *U*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene