Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Playing with ink . . .

Hello Dear Friends!
Today I have a few cards to share that I've created to add to my craft show sale boxes.  I have two shows coming up the end of the month and I want to be sure and have a variety of  cards available.  I have been totally enjoying the ability to work with the many dies I've collected, but today I decided to go back to the basics with ink, paper & stamps.  Please tell me what you think!



First I created a 'template' for my ink sponging by die cutting a rectangle panel in the center of a 4x6 piece of heavier card stock.  I then laid my 'template' over my front panel, linen card stock and sponged with Tim Holtz distress ink.  I left the center portion white for an illusion of a distant light source.  A stamped image from a shade darker Tim Holtz distress ink creates a 'peaceful' scene perfect for sympathy cards.  The floral stamp I have used is from 'Just For Fun'.  A touch of faux stitching or stitched ribbon was all the accent needed.

I have used the same stamp/ink on the inside of my cards ... behind the sentiment.

I hope you like today's card creations.
It's been a little crazy around here lately with several family funerals which required many trips over to Pennsylvania ... but we're getting back on track now and I hope to have the time to get REALLY creative over the next few weeks!  
As always . . .

7 comments:

  1. Darlene, Both of your cards are lovely. Personally, I prefer the second card with the butterflies. It seems to imply more hope of seeing someone again.
    You make beautiful cards!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to balance out Joanie's comment above, and tell you that the first sympathy card is my favorite. But then, navy blue is always a favorite color of mine. I must say, these two simpler cards are refreshing even though you have had to make them for sympathy cards. Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous! I just love the colors. I'm partial to the butterflies also...I just love butterflies. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. oKAY THAT'S IT!!!!! You did it, you finally inspired me to try something new. Your creations are just gorgeous. I can't wait to try something new and different.

    Great job as always my crafty friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards for the occasion... both so elegant and pretty and a beautiful way to use the stamps!! I love the stamping on these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene