Monday, August 31, 2015

Mojo Monday Time ...

Hello Everyone and welcome to a new week and nearly a new month!
Since it is Monday and my mojo is lacking (again!)
I thought playing the Mojo Monday Challenge just might help
get my creative juices flowing.

Here's the sketch they have for us this week ...
 

And here's what I've created ...


My aunt is in visiting from Texas and is staying with my mom over in PA.
At the family reunion yesterday she asked about cards
and I told her I would make her up a variety before
she heads back home next week.
I think this card will be No. 1 of a dozen or so for her.

 
Everyone likes butterflies so I thought these would make
the perfect focus embellishment.
The design paper I have used is from the Prima 'Princess' 6x6 pack and even though this sheet is gorgeous (in my mind at least), it is a bit busy and can be difficult to use.  I this this particular sketch design worked perfectly to showcase this pretty paper.  As you see, a strip of images I needed to cut from the front panel was repurposed onto the inside sentiment panel. Love when that sort of thing works out so beautifully!

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your week!
Going to be VERY hot around N.E. Ohio this week (upper 80s all week)
so I'll probably just keep creating here in my 'crafting cave'!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
 Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes
 Blogger's Challenge - Come Fly with Me!
Julia Spiri Challenge Blog - Anything Goes w/twist - something new

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Kraft cs, Prima 'princess' dp
Accessories:  Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Memory Box 'stitched circle layers' #30036, pop dots, gold Pilot marker (for edging), Jambo lace roll tape, Rubber Cottage sentiment stamp, versafine onyx ink, white gelly roll pen


11 comments:

  1. Ooh Darlene this is a wonderful take on the sketch and love the hint of vintage.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfect! I love butterflies and this looks like it would mail well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Darlene! sweet butterflies, luv the background too!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Love those butterflies and such a wonderful way to feature that beautiful paper. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous, beautiful design and colours and fab butterflies. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and great way to use the paper...lovin' those butterflies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Darlene what a beautiful creation love the papers and butterflies thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. I really like the dark colors. Thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Pretty card!
    Thank you so much for joining our challnge!
    Hugs, Julia

    Julia Spiri Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card. I love how you have decorated the inside too. Thank you so much for joining us at Julia Spiri Challenge blog. Hugs Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. I love all the images. Thank you for joining the challenge at Julia Spiri blog. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene