Monday, August 10, 2015

Mojo Monday Time . . .

Happy Monday Everyone!
A new week and I'm trying to play 'catch up'!  LOL!
How about you?  Busy week ahead??

Today I took a few minutes to create something for the new Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge.  This is NOT the direction I was headed ... but where it ended up!  

I had just started gathering my thoughts for my card when hubby wanted to come down and take care of a few things on my computer!  HAPPY he wanted to do that for me but that meant I needed to move to another part of the cave to work on my card.  SO ... quickly my card went another direction ... which is okay because I like the end result.


Sitting in the area of my 'paper scraps' and die cuts, I just started die cutting some circles in different sizes to see what looked best.  This scrap piece of old 'Hot Off the Press' holiday paper was laying on the table so I did a quick cut and THAT is when I decided to make a holiday card.
Heaven knows we'll be needing them before we know it!


Then I decided since I was going with a holiday theme ... my card would be in need of a poinsettia and got busy stamping/die cutting and forming a few poinsettias from an older Heartfelt Creations stamp and die set.  I have their latest set but it was out of reach so went with this one and I think it looks great.  I used Tim Holtz 'Berries' distress ink to stamp my image then sprayed it lightly with water to give it a different look since the ink 'ran' a bit.

Challenges to share in:
Paper Creator's Crafts Challenge #41 - Dies and/or Punches
The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge #8 - Anything Goes optional theme/snowpeople
 Christmas Card Challenge #36 - Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope your Monday has been a good one!
As always ...
 
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU 6x6 Patterns Pack II (old),  Forest Green cs, Hot Off The Press dp
Stamps/Ink:  Heartfelt Creations 'Christmas Poinsettia' #HCPC3557 / Tim Holtz 'Berries' distress ink
Dies:  Heartfelt Creations 'Sun Kissed Fleur Die' #HCD734, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Merry Christmas' #B186, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizon Fishtail Banners' #DL278, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' #30036
Accessories:  Heartfelt Creations 'Prill'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.