Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Holiday Thank You!

Hello Friends!
Remember the other day I shared a vintage easel board with you that I created for a sweet lady who had invited me to her Holiday Tea (which was yesterday and FABULOUS)?  Well, I decided to make a SPECIAL Thank You card for her too.  What do you think??






One of my Christmas presents from hubby was a new Sizzix Big Shot Pro.
Mind you, I already have 2 Cuttlebugs and 2 Vagabonds but I don't have a die cutting machine that handles a full 8 1/2 x 11 size so I put my request into Santa for a Grand Calibur.  
BOY WAS I SURPRISED when I got the Big Shot instead!  LOL ...  
He said after reading reviews and comparing the two he felt the Big Shot was the better machine for me!  I guess there's been some issues with breakage on the new Grand Calibur and since he's already had to repair one Cuttlebug and one Vagabond he opted for the 'less breakable' machine.  LOL!

The first thing I die cut on my new Big Shot was a die set that I purchased not realizing how BIG the dies were.  Fabulous die set ... but BIG!  And, that is the Sue Wilson Noble Dies - Double Pierced Rectangles (CED5508).  I die cut the largest one and folded it in half to use on the front of my 5x7 base card.

The design paper I chose is from the Graphic45 Twelve Days of Christmas.  
I love the bold colors and I only used one 8x8 sheet for the entire card.

Other dies used were:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Thanks' (CED5408)

Yesterday was a fun day for me!
Not only the Holiday Tea with a wonderful group of ladies, but then in the
evening I joined my daughter and some of her friends 
for a 'Sip & Paint' Class at her local winery.

Here's the canvas we were to create ...

and here's mine ... lol!
Not bad, lol!  And a whole lot of fun!!
I'm so glad my daughter invited me along ... what a fun group of ladies!
 
Obviously I'm 'crafty' but NOT 'artistic'! 
Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.