Friday, January 15, 2016

Butterflies in Flight

Hello my friends!
It appears I'm in a 'butterfly' mood this week!
This is my second card for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog
this week and it just dawned on me that
they both had butterflies!
I guess now that winter has hit ... I'm ready for spring!  


Dies used today from the Dies R Us Store are:

What I did to create this card was to first die cut the Fairyland Butterflies from a heavier (110#) card stock and use that cut as my stencil.  Using various Tim Holtz distress blue inks, I created my 'ombre' background.  Then overlaid my butterfly panel just a little off center to create a shadow affect.

From earlier creations I had the center cuts from the CLD Celtic Fire Rectangle Frame which I cut in half and adhered as yet another 'layer'.  The hearts were also laying on my work table from a previous creation and I thought I still needed a little 'something' and they worked perfectly!  A little faux stitching and VIOLA!

OH!  One more thing ...

By coloring a scrap piece of white card stock with the same
colors as the front of my card and die cutting the lovely
Wild Rose Studio 'Birthday' die,
NOW my card is totally complete and beautiful inside & out! 

Challenges to share in:
City Crafter Challenge - Butterfly, my butterfly 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Ombre
The Crafty Addicts - ATG - Celebration (birthday)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to come join in the fun challenges at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
YOU could be our next prize winner!! 

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.