Monday, January 4, 2016

Do You Have the Winter Blues?

Hello Friends!
Welcome to the first full week of 2016!

We've been rather spoiled here in N.E. Ohio with such warm temperatures for this time of year ... but it has caught up with us and it's been bitter cold/windy since the New Year began!
Uugh ... already I'm tired of the cold and ready for spring time weather!
(Must be this 'getting older' thing!  LOL!)

So, today I decided to play along in the "Winter Blues" challenge at Classy Cards n Such.  
Here's a peek at their inspiration tile board .


I think that is just the coolest tile board and of course the BIRDS are what caught my eye.  
Here's what I came up with . . .


Inside View

In doing this challenge I discovered I don't have much in the way of blue & white design papers 
(note to self ... must purchase more blue/white paper ... OMG like I need MORE paper, LOL)

Anyways, I spotted this beautiful image and paper in the Graphic45 'Botanical Tea' 8x8 paper pack and it worked perfectly.  Creating this card actually helped to alleviate the winter blues I have today.  The end of Christmas holidays is always a bit of a downer ... I love all the lights, decorations, fun friendly gatherings ... now it's back to the old hum-drum!  Oh well, if 2016 goes as quickly as 2015, we'll be back in the holiday spirit in no time at all!

A few other challenges to share in:
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge - They Say it's your Birthday
Eclectic Ellapu December Challenge - Purple Team - One die or more

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!
Hope you have a FABULOUS week ahead!
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Graphic45 'Botanical Tea' two sided dp
Dies: Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Greek Island Collection' (CED5102), 'New York Collection' (CED4102), 'Finishing Touches' (CED1423)
Accessories:  RRR beautiful blues ribbon, pop dots




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.