background

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sisterhood - Warm Thoughts

Hello my friends . . .
Well here we are in Brrrr February!
Today's card was created for the new challenge over at 
Terri is our hostess today and she asked us to
think and create 'what keeps you warm' through these cold winter months.


My first thought was a warm sweater and hot cup of tea!

Anyone who knows me knows that I wear flip flops unless there is snow on the ground! 
(call me crazy! lol . . . my sister is the same way ... must be a family thing!)

My feet don't get cold but my arms and hands sure do!
So, my first thought was a sweater and I just happened to have this
adorable Stampendous sweater stamp!
Also, through the winter months I drink a lot of hot tea and hot chocolate.
Sometimes you just need to get warm from the inside ... out!

Why not come join in our challenge fun?
WHAT KEEPS YOU WARM???

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Dies and/or Punches
Not Just Cards February Challenge -  Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes with a Stamp
Penny Black Challenge - Anything Goes with a Stamp and Die(s)
Stamping Sensations February Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  Navy cs, white cs, OLD SU red gingham dp, black cs
Stamp/Ink:  Stampendous,  Sweet Stamps / Tim Holtz 'faded jeans' , Versamagic 'Cloud White'
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Tea Set' (DIE197), Cheery Lynn Designs 'Celtic Fire Rectangle Frame' (center die) #DL125, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Add a Flourish'  #B456
Accessories:  Michaels gingham ribbon

16 comments:

  1. Such a cozy card you have created! I love the shade of blue and the little pot is grand! Cold here this morning.....brrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you chose....just love it! That doily under the tea pot is absolutely gorgeous! Thinking of you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this card...and perfect for the challenge theme! I think I bought you that stamp...and now need to get mine out...it looks so pretty in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cozy, warm, and friendly - love your card and that background so perfect all together! I hope I get a chance to try this challenge I like this theme - fun! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous love the paper and the tea pot is priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking colours Darlene and a super winter time card.

    I am a flip flop girl as well, well without the toe post that is, but usually a pair of fluffy socks as well, whatever makes you comfy I say.

    Many thanks for joining in with our February theme at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card and hugs backatcha from South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really sweet! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater background is perfect for this card and I love how you used a flourish for your steam - so clever! Will be praying you and your family will stay safe and warm ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! LOVE that background stamp!
    Thanks for sharing it over at the ATSC blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene this is so darn cute and cozy! Love the background stamp. Now you can have sweaters any color anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, I sure could use that card right about now! It is freezing, no it is FREAKING FREEZING over here!! Now I need to go make myself a cup of tea! You put the thought in my head and I can't shake it! ANother one of your fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs & Good Luck!

    Karen.DT. xx
    www.kernowdesigns.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaah lovely and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene