Monday, February 22, 2016

Take Time to Smell the Flowers!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Even though I should be doing 'other things' ...
I just couldn't help myself when it came to playing today's challenge at
Here's a peek at this week's sketch ...

I must admit I love doing various sketch challenges!
I find them a great starting point for my cards as well as a bit of a challenge from time to time!

Here's what I created using today's sketch ...


Not only was this a fun card to create, but I was able to use up scraps of designer paper and make flowers from that huge pile of Heartfelt Creations die cut flowers (I mentioned a few posts back), that I've had for nearly a year now.

 The design paper is from a very old Colorbok 12x12 paper pack.  I was going to use just the striped panel for the front but then decided to put it on the inside and go ahead and use the floral portion of the sheet for my front panel.  Even though it's two different flowers, I still like the concept of the flowers in the background AND foreground.

I have used 4 different shades of Tim Holtz distress ink to color my flower panels prior to shaping them and putting them together.  
Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Fired Brick


In this close up photo, you can see I started my row of flowers with a lacy lattice panel as the anchor.  That panel was die cut from the Sue Wilson 'Scandinavian Collection'  #CED4202 from the Dies R Us Store.  I've also used the Martha Steward 'Frond' punch for the leaves. 

There are SO MANY talented crafters out in blogland that make the most gorgeous flowers, that I'm constantly striving to someday be as good as they are.  Practice makes perfect they say ... guess I'll just keep practicing!  I must admit, I am very happy with today's flowers ... I think it's the color that really catches the eye.



Challenge to share in today:
 The Crazy Challenge - Card for a Friend

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you'll come back again tomorrow with I have a new inspirational creation 
to share with you for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog team.
Till then ...
Enjoy your day and as always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Colorbok dp
Stamps:  The Stamp Pad (sentiment), Heartfelt Creations 'Botanical Rose' #HCPC3651
Inks:  Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz distress inks -  Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Fired Brick
Dies:  BoBunny 'Flutter Dies' #12839812, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizon Fishtail Banners' #DL278, Heartfelt Creations 'Botanical Wings' #HCD1-758, Sue Wilson 'Scandinavian Collection'  #CED4202
Accessories:  Kaiser half pearls, Heartfelt Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, Martha Stewart 'Frond' punch, large sponge daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.