background

Monday, March 21, 2016

Birds of a Feather ... STITCH together!

Hello All ...
I'm back again with a 2nd post for today.

Over the weekend I was working on several card creations
commissioned by the local Tea Shoppe for an event they are participating in 
at a local Sewing Center.  The name of the event is identified in
the title of my post and this is one of several cards I've created for them so far.

Also, while doing my DT commenting, I came upon a couple of challenges I thought 
would be great fun to participate in.  So here we go ...


One of those challenges I mentioned is the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
The theme (as you see) is SPRING and must include a tea &/or coffee inspired design.

12661786_10208877635328742_1011373880191829209_n
There's a huge amount of prizes being given away and the
inspiration at this site is AWESOME!!  Be sure to pop over and check it out!


Another theme I saw in my commenting venture is the STITCHING challenge
at the Pile It On Challenge Blog.   Since stitching is a requirement
of my card commission, it only stands to reason I should enter this sweet creation.
The challenge specifies real or faux stitching so I
chose faux stitching around my image and as you see I've also
used some double stitched (old) SU ribbon.  That counts ... right!?!  LOL

Other challenges to share in:

Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes/Patterned Paper Over a Year Old
Fresh Brewed Challenge - Anything Goes
Die Cut Diva's Challenge - Something Spring

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Marianne Designs 'French Roses' dp
Image:  Tea Flower purchased on Etsy
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Rectangle 6-in-1 Frame' #DIE242, Spellbinder 'Blooms 4' #S2-047), Sue Wilson 'Laurel Leaves' #CED1437
Accessories:  Fine tip black marker for faux stitching, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for coloring of leaves, SU double stitched ribbon, White Liquid Pearls

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, Darlene and your flower is fabulous! Happy Monday and Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paper and flowers. Very nice card and faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the panel with the faux stitching, and lovely flowers and design papers you used...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful! I love all winged things... love the colors ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous! Your elements just flow together to make a visually stunning creation-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful and serene card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully designed card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty vintage inspired design! Love that bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! Love the feminine Victorian look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card...love the pink and the pretty blue of the bird and of course that very pretty flower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DELIGHTFUL card Darlene!!!
    LOVE your focal image and fancy framing, LOVE your PRETTY papers and flowers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely design! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! This card will really be a hit. I love the image, the paper, and your fabulous corner flower/foliage arrangement. And, of course, the IO frame is one of my best loved dies. Awesome gorgeous card, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely and your faux stitching is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely...thank you for sharing at Pile I t On Blog

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling card. Love that you used the background paper within your flower. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a delightful card,lovely framed image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty image. Love the flower dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love those flowers! I just became a follower of your blog and would be honored if your returned the favor! My blog is http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card - love that beautiful flower!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene