Saturday, March 19, 2016

Dogwood Time of Year . . .

Hello Everyone and Happy Weekend!
The weather is warming up and I think we all have a touch of Spring Fever ... I know I do!
We planted two pink dogwood trees last year and I can't wait to see how they bloom this year.
Luckily it wasn't a harsh winter so they should be okay! 


I saw a post over on the Twinkling Paper Studio blog about the 'Legend of the Dogwood' (a must read)
which put me in the mood to create a card using some springtime colors
and the beautiful Poppystamps 'Dogwood Blossom Corner' die.


I also saw that Poppystamps March Challenge at their blog is themed 'Spring Fling'
so I kept that in mind while creating today.  I was thrilled last month to see that I was
chosen the winner at the Poppystamps Challenge Blog and received
this beautiful 'Peppini Wreath' as my prize!

This is a 'simple' design for me but I think a very happy creation
and hopefully it will make someone smile on their birthday when they receive it!

Challenges to share in:
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends Challenge - Anything Goes
Polka Doodles Challenge - Spring Colors
Imagine That!  Creative Playground - Birthday Bash
 My Time To Craft Challenge - Flowers

I have a lot to do today (so what else is new?  lol),
so I'd better get busy!!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope
you'll take a minute and scroll through my blog and find inspiration in my creations.

As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, the Paper Studio dp
Stamp/Ink:  The Stamp Pad (sentiment), Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'spun sugar' ink
Dies:  Popppystamps 'Peppini Wreath' #1409,  Poppystamps 'Stitched Main Street Tags' #1268, Poppystamps 'Dogwood Blossom Corner' #1446
Accessories:  prima flowers, green Stickles, small sponge dauber,


13 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love the cheerful spring colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty~Pretty Spring card...those dogwoods are so dreamy...another great one my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's gorgeous!! Congrats on your win Dar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card design Darlene! stunning background and those beautiful dies.
    Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. Great die cut and flowers. Thanks for joining us at the "Birthday Bash" Challenge at Imagine That, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I saw that post. Interesting! And, hey, weren't you a lucky winner! Beautiful card, Darlene. Love the tint of pink on the corner dies. My pink dogwood has buds, but they aren't getting much bigger yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the feeling of movement with that fun background paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such asweet card thanks for playing at Creative Playground Challenge from Kris Imagen That

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation thanks for joining the Spring Pastels fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
    Anita (DT)
    http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Darlene! Thank you for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love it! Thanks so much for joining our Spring Colours Challenge at Polkadoodles this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene! glad to see you putting that wonderful die to good use! This is a beauty! That background reminds me of coloring eggs and it really makes the die cuts stand out! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo, how beautiful!! Love those die cuts, so elegant. Thanks for joining our birthday challenge at Imagine That's Creative Playground.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene