Saturday, March 5, 2016

Luck of the Irish . . .

Hello Everyone and Happy Weekend!

I've had this card made for a few weeks now ... just waiting for March to begin
and now that the first week has already passed me by,
I think it's time to share.  Of course, if you notice
I did use it in my St. Patrick's / Irish header.


Isn't this little guy adorable?
I found him over on Pinterest and just knew I wanted
to create a card to send out to my sister & brother in law.  
Hubby's family is Irish and sadly since his mom passed away a few
years ago, we don't celebrate St. Patty's Day like we did when she was with us.
But I still try to send them a card each year.

I actually used up some bits and pieces for this card.  
My background panel was actually in the scrap bin (DCWV St. Patty's Stripes) and I used bits of green card stock for the matting of my Graphic45 sentiment panel.  
The satin ribbon I've had for YEARS!  I thought it went well with the sentiment flourishes.
I've used the Spellbinder 'Majestic Circles' dies for my focus image.

Challenges to share in today:

Brown Sugar Challenge - Cute and Cuddly
Craft for the Craic Challenge - Luck of the Irish
Cut It Up Challenge - St. Patrick's Day
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Show Me the Green + ribbon
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Monochromatic + ribbon
Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for visiting me today!
I really appreciate you stopping by!
Have a fabulous day and as always . . .


13 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! What a super sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. It's always SO nice to have you play along with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! LOVE that little Leprechaun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinking cute!!! I love that sweet image... Lord do I! This entire card is so pretty and I love that ribbon!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just Darling! Awesome job!
    Would love for you to join us over at Crafting by Designs: March Challenge "Anything Goes"
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable. I love how you offset the two pretty circle mats.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our St. Patty's Day challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. So Sweet. Thanks for joining us at BSC

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love all that green, and the ribbon is especially fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute, great card thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Cute leprechaun! Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Lá Fhéile Pádraig Duit.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It UP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your ribbon matches the sentiment piece, Darlene! wonderful! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along in our 'Show Me the Green Theme with Ribbon or Trims' challenge at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene