Monday, May 16, 2016

Use Your Stuff - Heat Embossing


Happy Monday All!

It's time for a new challenge over at the Use Your Stuff Blog! 

 I just couldn't wait to join in today fun, but I'm sad to say this will be my last creation as a UYS DT member.
These ladies have been FABULOUS to work with, a very supportive group of talented ladies!
I will miss them but life is getting busier for me this summer so I had to make some difficult decisions!
Thanks for everything ladies and keep up the awesome work!!!

NOW ... onto today's challenge!
  Shirl is the hostess today and her theme for this week is
HEAT EMBOSSING
Well, I'll be the first to admit that it has been a very long time since I've done ANY wet (heat) embossing so today's challenge was truly a lot of fun!!   I remember a long time ago embossing on vellum and coloring on the reverse side so that's the technique I've used today.
 
Of course I'm sure many of you recognize the stamp I have used on my creation!
Yep ... one of my all time favorite (old) SU flower stamps - Morning Glory.
I've stamped my image using Versamark onto vellum, then spread on dark green embossing powder, heat emboss then flipped it over and used SU markers for the coloring.  Unfortunately while coloring I did smudge a bit on part of the vellum ... hence the sequins to cover up my boo-boo!  Sssshhh don't tell anyone!!  LOL
 I've used the Sue Wilson 'Australian Collection' #CED2204 for my oval die cutting.
Sue Wilson Designs - Austrian Collection - Innsbruck
I've actually used only the outer two larger dies for this creation.
The outside largest for both the vellum and the card stock panel ... then ran the card stock
panel through again with the second largest (decorative) die.
I love the softness the vellum gives this image.


I happen to have this Impression Obsession 'Bird on a Branch' sitting on my work table
just begging to be added to my card so I couldn't help myself!  Yes, it had been die cut for a different project but just didn't work on that piece so today's the day ... after all, where there are flowers, there are birds!

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Calendar May Challenge - Things with Wings (5/28)
Fantasy Stampers Challenge - Flower Power (5/20)
Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge - Things with Wings (5/20)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I do hope you'll come join in this challenge fun ... a great way to 'USE YOUR STUFF' and
end up with some fabulous creations along the way! Hope to see you there!

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.