Friday, July 29, 2016

A Walk in the Garden

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!! 
 Today I have some exciting news to share as well as a card.

A short while back I had to step down from a few design teams because my calendar had just gotten too busy and I didn't feel it was fair to leave them hanging if I couldn't keep up with their schedules.  WELL, after a bit of coaxing from a friend, and the fact it was one card a month requirement, I decided to apply for a spot on the team.  Low and behold I received an email asking me to join the team ... and the challenge blog I'm referring to is:  FUSSY and FANCY!  
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge
The new challenge is hosted by Diane and the theme she has chosen is
A WALK IN THE GARDEN
(your interpretation ... flowers, critters, butterflies, bees ... even veggies qualify)

We have a special  gift voucher this week for one lucky winner and it is to:
Here's what I came up with . . .

I decided to create using this beautiful image I found on Pinterest.
I love flowers so walking through any type of flower garden is so exciting for me.  In fact, when Mark & I were booking our excursions for our cruise a few weeks back, one stop had a walking tour through the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C. and he knew I'd want to see it so booked that particular excursion right away.  I will share a few photos at the end of my post.  It was BEAUTIFUL!

 How much more beauty is just beyond that gate do you think??


I actually had this Heartfelt Creations corner die cut laying on my work table and it just screamed out to be added to this peaceful image.

A few little pink posies are all that was needed for a little extra dimension and sparkle.  Yep there is white glitter on the liquid pearls centers ... hard to see in the photo I know.  


The Impression Obsession 'sending smiles' die cut was also laying on the table and called out to me at the last minute.  And, how excited was I to discover this Memory Box 'Fanciful Fences' die mimicked the one in the photo almost perfectly. 

Please be sure to pop over to the challenge blog and take a peek at what the DT has created to inspire you!  A very talented group of ladies!!  And then come join in the fun!  One lucky winner will receive a NOOR DESIGNS gift voucher!  Good Luck!

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Moments Challenge - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Summer Florals

 
 
Here are a few of my favorites photos taken at the Butchart Gardens:


 Thanks for stopping by today and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Hot Off The Press dp, 
Image:  Pinterest
Dies:  Heartfelt Creations 'Fleur Borders & Pockets' #HCD1-778, Memory Box 'Fanciful Fences' #30035, Impression Obsession 'Everyday Top Edgers' #DIE434 
Accessories:  Prima flowers, White Liquid Pearls, Deco Art Glamour Dust

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Darlene. What a fabulous theme this is too! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congrats on your new team! I have a feeling you'll enjoy this one. Now, that's a gorgeous garden in the photo you chose for your card. Looks like pink hydrangeas and they just go on and on! The fence die is perfect! I love using fences on my cards. And, ohhhh, the corner die! This is altogether a beautiful card, Darlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image and love the die cuts.


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Regards,

    TTCRD DT

    Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats..you will be perfect for this...such a pretty card. I love how you have a fence in the pic and added a fence on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden scene and isn't it fun to use those pieces just sitting around...and the fence is amazingly PERFECT!! The garden you visited is pretty too!! Welcome to the team, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! (I don't know how you do it all!) This is fabulous, really beautiful! Love all of your garden photos too! Good Luck....you'll be great....as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is just beautiful, I love this picture and your dies compliment it just perfectly, I had this same idea for a card, so neat to see what it looks like combining the picture and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene. Such a pretty card you have made for the FF challenge.
    And congrats on joining the FF.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
    Have a good weekend
    Best wishes
    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene, welcome to the team, I am so glad that you are now a Fussy and Fancy Girl...
    I love your design and I could just walk through that gate and explore the rest of the garden. So beautiful.....have a great weekend....hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant card. Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    ♥ Lena, DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Darlene!!! Love your card; great design!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Dar! They are so fortunate to have you! Thanks for the invitation to walk through your beautiful garden! It's lovely, right down to the picket white fence! Wonderful design! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and classy.... I really love that image....and congrats on your new DT spot.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene