Saturday, July 23, 2016

Butterflies in Flight . . .

Happy Weekend Everyone!
OMG!  What is going on with this weather?  It's not supposed to be THIS HOT 
for THIS LONG in Ohio, USA!!!  It's so hot & steamy outside, it 
feels like I should be able to hear the waves crashing on the shore!!  
What the heck!!  LOL!

So, with that being said ... you can find me crafting away in my very cool 
(sometimes cold) crafting cave!  We are so bless to have central air!  Today I'm playing 
catch up with some design team work but I wanted to create something to share 
with you today that also fits a few fun challenges out in blogland.


Over on the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, they are looking for 'Things with Wings' and over on the Imagine That! Creative Playground Challenge, they are looking for 'Fancy Folds or Shaped Cards'. So I decided on a gate fold card with butterflies.

I had already die cut my Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' from white card stock
so decided to achieve color from the background panels which I created using 
Ken Oliver Color Bursts. 

Here's a peek at the inside . . .
After die cutting my Memory Box 'Thicket Frame' I used the same three Ken Oliver Color Burst colors to achieve my inside frame to house the simple Inkadinkado sentiment.

Other challenges today's card fits:
Crafty Calendar July Challenge - Dies and/or Punches
Cardz 4 Galz Challenge - No Patterned Paper
Creative Knockouts Challenge - Birthday Wishes
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Birthday, Bold and Bright

Thanks so much for stopping by ...
I hope you're having a fabulous weekend . . .
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Marine Blue cs,
Stamps:  Inkadinkado (sentiment & swirls on blue panel)
Inks:  VersaMagic Cloudwhite, Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Memory Box 'Thicket Frame' #1407, 'Fairland Butterflies' #99078
Accessories:  Ken Oliver Color Burst 'Ultra marine Blue, Sepia, Yellow Ochre'
Various colors of sequins, dimensional tape, white gelly roll pen (faux stitching)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.