Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Winter's Day . . .

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today I have a new inspiration card for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  
With all the HOT weather we've been having, I'm 'cooling it off' a bit with a snowy scene!
I hope you like it!


The dies I have used on today's creation are:

CONFESSION TIME
This is NOT what I originally had in mind for my design today!  But, when I die cut the MB Snowflake Oval Frame, TWO pieces of my 5x8 white card stock  were stuck together so I ended up cutting out TWO frames and a few of the intricate snowflakes torn off the one frame before I realized what was going on ... DUH!

With that being said, I knew I would be wasting the panel with a few little missing snowflakes and decided to layer one panel on top of the other for added dimension and less waste!  (I'm getting so fickle in my old age, lol.)   The birds were die cut twice ... once in white and once in red card stock.  The branch on the white panel was colored using my Spectrum Noir alcohol marker (TN7) and the red birds were fussy cut & glued onto the white panel.


I cut off the bottom portion of the die cut and just used the snowflake portion.
A few small pieces of 3M dimensional tape and we're ready to go.


Once my focus panel was created, the 'scene' just started coming together.  
Once completed, touches of Diamond Stickles was added for sparkle.


Please don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:
and we are now on Pinterest . . .
You want to be sure to stop back each and every day for amazing inspiration from my team mates!!

Challenges to share in:
Craft Rocket Challenge - Things with Wings
Crimbo Crackers Challenge - Blue Christmas
Mod Squad Challenge - The Die's The Thing

I will be back tomorrow with a new Tutti Designs creation but for now I need to get moving!  My high school class reunion is this evening over in Pennsylvania and I haven't a clue what to wear.   I hope to see you again tomorrow!  
Till then and as always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Hunter Green cs, DCWV 'The Winter Matstack' dp, Bo Bunny 'Altitude' 6x6 dp
Dies:  Listed above
Accessories:  3M dimensional tape (Lowes), Diamond Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.