Thursday, September 29, 2016

On a Calm Winter's Night . . .

Hi Everyone!
Today I have a card which was created primarily for the 'Stencil' challenge for Memory Box.  With the end of the month comes the end of this challenge so I figured I'd better get hoppin'!  

I truly didn't realize just how many different Memory Box Stencils I had in my stash until I started on this card but of course you know how it is . . . never the one you really want to use!  LOL
88554 Pop Dots stencilI wanted to create a 'wintry' sky and since I didn't have a stencil that really was made for that purpose,  I used the Modern Pop Dots stencil and the Bubbles stencil along with a few different Tim Holtz blue distress inks to create the sky.  

Next I wanted to create the landscape.  To do that, I used the Memory Box 'Fresh Pine Landscape' die

Memory Box - Dies - Fresh Pine Landscape (NEW)

Of course, you can't have a wintry, forest scene with a couple deer!  So, I chose the Memory Box Woodland Deer (older die) and Dee's Distinctively 'Deer 2' for today's scenery card.  For added dimension, I die cut two Memory Box Snowflake Corners.  I just LOVE this die!
98238 Snowflake Corner craft dies

Here's a closer look at my stenciled background ...



I have so much fun creating cards using primarily die cuts.  And never gave it a thought to use my stencils for the background ... even if they weren't designed for exactly what you're in need of!  Guess you could consider that 'thinking outside the box' LOL.   I also added specks of snow using a while gelly roll pen and highlights to the levels of snow using Stickles.

Challenges I'd like to share in today are:
ABC Christmas Challenge - T is for Two (two deer)
Addicted to Stamps & More Holiday Challenge - Holiday (Christmas)
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Christmas Die Cuts
Fab'n'Funky Challenge - Christmas
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge #29 - ATG optional/seasons
Create & Makes Challenge #4 - ATG w/dies
Craft-Dee Bowz September Challenge - ATG w/handmade bow
Crafty Ribbon Challenge #169 - Lace or Ribbon


Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
Hope you have a fabulous day and as always . . .

19 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is just gorgeous! Cool idea for your background, too, using the bubbles and pop dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prfect slolution. Sky is fantastic. I couldn´t imagine you create it with bubble stencile. Dies are gorgeous to.

    Marjeta

    I have candy on my blog. Join if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it's indeed wonderful, fantastic ideas, i'm placing this into my inspiration file ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Darlene. Love the scene you have created. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons and good luck. Hope you can join us again soon. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW! Darlene this is GORGEOUS! I love the pretty red bows on your reindeer and I love those corner pieces! Your background is beautiful too!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, I love the use of the stencil background! You clever girl. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous winter scene. Love the red bows on the reindeer and all the texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful winter scene ( one we will be seeing before you know it)...the deer are so perfect together, (I am glad they 'found' each other...lol)...awesome background, too! Glad to see you having some fun and not all work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yowza! What a fabulous winter scene you have created! Your background looks awesome, like snowflakes are falling, that's what I see, it's really pretty! Then topping all of those beautiful dies, the snowflakes, trees, and deer are my favorites.....especially with the addition of the red bows. This is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that made a cool background! Love this scene. The deer are so cute dressed up in their big red bows. Pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh be still my heart! HOW BREATHTAKING, Miss Darlene! Gorgeous! I'm so glad you explained the stencil or I would have thought it to be designer paper - but of course, it IS designer paper - perfectly customized for your beautiful scene! Love the bokeh "bubbles" revealing that light surrounds us if only we will relax enough to see it in the midst of darkness. Such loveliness, Darlene. I've pinned your creation so my followers will see it! SO BEAUTIFUL. I love the scene and everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Darlene this scene is just out of this world, you did a fabulous job with that background and the layout of your scene is just perfect, love the bows on the deer too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning card and gorgeous scene you have created for these pair of deer. I love their fabulous red bows too. Many thanks for joining in the challenge at ABC Christmas this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab scene, love how you put it together!
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! Such a gorgeous scene!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Crafty Ribbons!
    Lucy X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Darlene, the whole scene is stunning! I love the deer, absolutely fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and so cozy and festive! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word Darlene! This is one exquisite creation! You've layered these dies masterfully! They are all on my wish list now. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene