Thursday, October 6, 2016

Autumn Watercolor Fun

Hello my friends . . .
My BFF Diane shared a new (to me) challenge blog with me this morning
and it sounds like great fun so I decided to play along. Actually, I 'double dog dared' her to play along as a fun challenge.
The blog I'm referring to is the CAS Watercolour Card Challenge.

 

They are also having a DT Call but unfortunately, my plate is FULL
and as much as I was tempted, I just had to be realistic and tell myself NO!!



I will just have to play along in their challenges as time permits!
I must admit ... creating CAS designs are difficult for me!
Call me crazy because that style should be EASY ... right?

So here's what I had fun creating ...


I must admit I don't do water coloring nearly as often as I should!  I always enjoy the doing this technique and the outcome is always lovely ... so what is my problem?  LOL



So I grabbed my watercolor paper and got busy creating a panel for my background.
I've used a variety of orange, gold, red & yellow.  Dried with my heat gun then die cut using the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Scandinavian Collection Background' die set #CED4201.  

 The maple leaf is a very old Spellbinder die and I had fun water coloring it.
 Actually looks like a maple leaf I picked up off the ground yesterday!
I also cut a second leaf from black card stock to place behind and give a shadow effect.

The sentiment stamp I used is from a new Echo Park Paper Co. stamp set I purchased
online at Peachy Cheap (thanks again to enabler Diane!).

Challenges to share in:
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #319 - Dies
Aud Sentiments Challenge #165 - ATG w/sentiment
 Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #32 - Fall (Autumn) Colors
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #384 - Photo Inspiration (Maple Leaves)

If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge #54 - Fall Colors Photo Inspiration (color & leaf)

Crafty Gals Challenge #92 - Punches/Die Cuts
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #314 - Leaves
Just Us Girls Challenge - Word Week 363 - Leaves

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - Clean & Simple


Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you have a FABULOUS day!

All of my friends in the path of Hurricane Matthew, please know I'm keeping you in my daily prayers!  Be Safe!

As always . . .

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, and I do see lots of 'white' space....thanks for challenging me and getting my mojo 'slightly' fired up...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Darlene! Absolutely gorgeous! :o)
    ps. Good girl for saying no! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fall leaf is so beautiful, Darlene. I love how you stamped your sentiment on the leaf. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful CAS card. Love the background. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene... this is a gorgeous Autumnal card! I love the fancy background die and your maple leaf is so realistic. Lovely Fall colours and a brilliant sentiment, too.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at If You Give A Crafter A Cookie #54. Good luck and please come back next time.
    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is one beautiful water color Fall card! LOVE that big bold beautiful leaf!!! Your colors are AHmazing (yeah I know I say that a lot but it's true!) lol That background die is so pretty too! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your maple leaf is amazing! It does look real, and such a fantastic design with the shadow of black. Thanks so much for at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous maple leaf, Darlene! And I love that filigree background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scrolly water colored background and that leaf is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all that beautiful watercoloring! You've got a lot of style in this card, yet still CAS. I've got those maple leaves all over my back yard. BIG ones! I pick them up one at a time... This looks like a good challenge. I'll add it to my Feedly and keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your technique beautiful colours.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT for our Anything Picture Inspiration Challenge. Hope to see you again.
    Good luck.
    Jean Design Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and your leaves certainly looks a lot like those falling in my yard now. Happy you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown challenge for leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Fabulous Fall card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful Fall colours and love the intricate die-cut for the background. So very glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the background cover plate, super watercolouring too.
    Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Galz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "DIE CUTS" challenge! Hope you will join us again soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at Carz 4 Galz Challenge blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my such beautiful colors, the background scrolls are so pretty as is your lovely leaf!! I know what you mean CAS should be so easy but I do seem to struggle with it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene