background

Monday, October 3, 2016

Celebrate . . .

Hello dear friends!
I'm excited to share a creation with you today that was created
for my Guest Designer spot over on the Crafty Boots Challenge Blog.
Thanks to Dionne and Crafty Boots for the invitation!

The challenge is

AUTUMN IS IN THE AIR

You'll want to be sure and pop on over ... check out the amazing inspiration from the team and then join in the fun!  Who doesn't like this time of the year when the air is crisp, leaves are gorgeous and the hint of the holidays is right around the corner!

Here's what I've created  ... hope you like it!




This card is really pretty CAS in design for me but I love how it came together.
I have several embossing folders that I never think to use but today I started looking through them and found this Darice embossing folder with the leafy design and it brought Fall to mind right away ... so that was my starting point.


I also knew I wanted a POP of FALL color so quickly sponged a piece of white card stock with Tim Holtz distress inks Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Berries to use for cutting out my Poppystamps 'Monterey Vine' die.

Although it looks black, the mating and word color is actually a dark forest green.
I die cut the Avery Elle 'Sentimentals' die from white card stock then colored it using Spectrum Noir alcohol marker DG4.  A few fall colored sequins and VIOLA!  

Challenges to share in:
Memory Box October Challenge #17 - Sequins
 613 Avenue Create Challenge #190 - ATG option/green & gold
Come and Get It Challenge - Welcome Autumn
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #76 - Fall Festival of Colors

Glitter & Sparkle Challenge #208 - Fall/Autumn
Imagine That! Creative Playground Challenge #9 - Fall / Embossing
 Just Us Girls Challenge #363 - Leaves

Thanks so much for stopping by today and please come join in the fun at Crafty Boots!
 Wishing you a fabulous week ahead and as always . . .


18 comments:

  1. I love this card, simple but so elegant.

    Thank you for the lovely comment about my entry for the Dies R Us challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your CAS card with that beautiful fall vine! Cute way to use the sequins, too, and pretty embossing. Embossing is another favorite of mine. So many things to love and can't put them all on one card! Guess I just have to make more cards! Have a good day, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card. I love the pop of orange on those pretty leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, the embossing folder is quite the great compliment with the die and love the sponging you did for it, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Crafty Boots Challenges. Your card is so fabulous, I love the subtle colour changes to your die cut and the simplicity of your design.

    Once again a big thank you Darlene.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this its so beautiful what a wonderful creative design hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Darlene wonderful fall colors.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colours and I love the way you have used sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture you added to the background and then topped with that beautiful branch and fabulous fall leaves! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant card. I love how embossed background is like a part of the die cut. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful fall themed CAS card! Love the pop of orange in those die cut leaves! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossed card front is so pretty, and the stitched die cut leaves really pop. Great design! Good luck in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Darlene! This is a stunning Fall seasonal card and what a gorgeous die cut that is. I just love the scattering of sequins too. Thanks so much for promoting and joining my Fall Festival of Colors Challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the die cut leaves layered on top of the embossed ones. Beautiful composition! Good luck in our embossing challenge at the Creative Playground. Helene DT for Imagine That! digis by Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous. Love the way you made the leaves and the CAS design. Thanks for joining us on the fall impressions challenge this month. Lisa Lynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene, this is such an awesome card. I love the embossing and that pop of color. Perfect for the fall. Thanks for joining us at Imagine That! Creative Playground.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - love the way you created the background for your die cut.

    Thanks for joining us at the Imagine That Creative Playground.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene