Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Pumpkins or the Color Orange

Hello All!
Time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
I happy to say I am your hostess today and I chose the theme

PUMPKINS or the COLOR ORANGE

This should be fun for you as well as for us!!
Here's what I came up with using both the color orange AND pumpkins.


So many times my stamp sets get ignored (due to having fun with die cuts)
so today I went to my stamps first thing ... to find inspiration.

Awhile back I had won a couple stamp sets over on Sprinkle & Sparkle (thanks SO MUCH again) and I thought this 'Thinking of You' set would work perfectly.  I began by stamping the sunflowers onto white card stock then again onto a scrap piece of the same Craft Smith designer paper I used for my background panel.  I colored the leaves using my Spectrum Noir markers then fussy cut the design paper sunflowers and paper pieced them onto my full stamped image.

I'm not sure if it was my card stock or the ink or the stamp set itself,
but the ink would not dry so I had to emboss it before I could work with it.  
I also found later that my words weren't drying either (hence the little butterfly on the top of the flowers to hide a smudge) so quickly added embossing powder and heat set them before I ruined the entire card!  LOL


I do hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
You will have until November 6th to share your creation and
the winner's will be announced on November 8th
with a brand new challenge going live on November 9th!

Till then and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Pumpkin Orange cs, Scraps of Craft Smith 12x12 dp
Stamps/Ink:  Sparkle & Sprinkle 'Thinking of You' #769, Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Fancy Butterfly' #DIE059, Lawn Fawn 'Lg & Sm Stitched Ovals' #LF909 & LF910
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Martha Stewart '3-in-1 butterfly punch', Offray orange satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.