background

Monday, November 14, 2016

A Butterfly Birthday

Happy Monday Everyone!
Between working on holiday cards and goodies for an upcoming show,
I decided to breakaway and create something just for fun using
a few dies I had laying on my table that I received earlier last week
from the Dies R Us Store.


 The dies I'm referring to are the Carabelle Art Cut 'In the Nature' #AC60008

Carabelle Art Cut Die - In The Nature

Poppystamps - Dies - Petal Ribbon

During my creating time I decided to have a look at what
challenges were out there in blogland that I could aim this card towards and I found that
over on the Butterfly Challenge their current challenge is: #66 Butterflies + Q is for Quotes and/or Quick Silver
I'm going with the 'Quick Silver' approach using Silver Stickles across the upper left top & side as well as a few (Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch) Silver Metallic butterflies.


A few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #45 - Anything Goes
Just Us Girls Challenge #369 - Metallic
Brown Sugar Challenge #224 - Anything Goes

Well I guess I'd better get back to work ...
 But before I go, here's a peek at the inside of my card:


Thanks for much for stopping by and  as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Medium Blue cs, Silver Metallic
Dies: Identified above
Accessories:  Nuvo Crystal Drops 'Navy Blue', Nuvo Crystal Drops 'Dandelion Yellow', Silver Stickles, Martha Stewart punch

9 comments:

  1. Wow Darlene, what a striking combi on your card. Love the colours and all the details!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very fun and pretty! I was just looking at that Petal Ribbon the other day and thinking how I'd like to use it again. Also got some new butterflies, but all this has to wait till after Christmas cards are done, I guess. Thank YOU for sharing a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning texture with the dies and the butterflies. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your pretty butterflies especially that layered one! Pretty colors and that background die is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Darlene, this is Gorgeous, love the color combo and the dimension and layering of the dies is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is wonderful. I love the fluttering butterflies with their layers of wings. Gorgeous colour combination too. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card...awesome dies! I can see why you wanted to play with them right away....they all work so well together..gee I want time to play with my new ones, too..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Lovely butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge
    -Riddhi Shah (DT, Brown Sugar Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love cut dies Darlene, thanks for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
    We look forward to seeing you again next time.
    Hugs
    Brown Sugar DT
    creativEle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene