Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dreaming of a White Christmas

WOW I need to hurry!
My friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) shared this challenge blog with me this
morning and I've been trying all day to get the time to finish 
my card and get it posted and now the challenge ends in 24 minutes!  YIKES!  

It's the Dreaming of a White Christmas over at Jingle Belles Challenge Blog.
Here's their beautiful mood board ...

I also saw the Monday challenge at Simon Says is 'O Christmas Tree' 
so I'll be joining in that fun too!

Here's what I've come up with ... and yes this was a quick card!


I love a white on white card but I just had to add  a touch of blue for the evening sky.  The Sparkle of snow was added by applying Nuvo glue to the die cut and sprinkling on Deco Art Glitter dust.  The background  frame was popped us as were the reindeer.


I'll be back with all the details but first I really need to get this
entered to the challenge before it ends or my rush with be for not!!  LOL

Okay I'm back ... whew! got it shared just in the nick of time.  All product used is listed below.  Most of my delay yesterday was the fact that hubby decided we were going to put up the Christmas tree and add a few more outside decorations since the weather here in Ohio was so pleasant .

Other challenges to share in:
Sweet Stampin' Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas
 Crafty Creations Challenge #329 - Christmas
Fab n Funky Challenge #329 - Christmas
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge #34 - Winter theme
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #294 - Make it Sparkle
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #86 - Part One - Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White card stock
Dies:  Spellbinder 5x7 Holiday Frame #S6-040, Frantic Stamper Reindeer Duo #FRA-DIE-09083, Memory Box Fresh Pine Landscape #99507
Accessories:  Nuvo glue, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Tim Holtz distress inks, large sponge daubers, dimensional tape

16 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you have TOTALLY rocked the white-on-white and i have to say that the blue evening sky is my very very favorite part of this amazing card! thanks for joining our photos inspiration fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your leaping reindeer ... such a lovely holiday design ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed your card in the Simon Says Challenge because it had some similarities to mine in the elements you used - blue background, glittery trees in the background and deer in the foreground. BUT yours is so elegant and classic and beautiful in white. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your all white card with the pretty night sky behind! The dies are perfect for creating a snowy Christmas scene. Love that background one and the reindeer especially the flying one! And of course all of that sparkly glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this is so beautiful -- the frame, the sparkly trees, the regal deer, and your serene evening sky. Love me a white on white card, but the blue really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that frame and the scene you created. The blue makes the whole card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card; love the shimmery look and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and beautiful card Darlene thank you for joining us over on
    Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge
    Dianne xx
    HJCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, so good you got it posted on time :) I love the night sky and the flying deer going off the edge of the card, wonderful card to display the whole winter long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a gorgeous card Darlene...love the beautiful night sky and the prancing deet...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful Christmas card! The die cut and all the details are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, elegant Christmas card!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! such a beautiful Christmas card.Love white on white and pop up of blue...simply amazing..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene