Friday, November 18, 2016

It's Fussy and Fancy Challenge Time

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at the 
 Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge
This new challenge is hosted by Annie and the theme she has chosen is

A DIFFERENT FOLD OR SHAPED CARD
 
Our sponsor is Wild Orchid Crafts
Since I don't seem to be very good at creating 'shaped' cards, I decided
to go with a 'fancy fold' for today's creation.  This card template is actually  a pack
of 10 that I purchase several years ago and honestly had forgotten I
had them until I started looking around to see what I could do that was 'different'.


This fold is called 'Reverse Explosion' and as I stated, it came precut & scored
in a pack that I purchased quite some time ago. 
I chose not to cover all the spaces ... and used a coordinating
pattern for the inside triangles that I did decorate.  
The designer paper I used is from the BoBunny 'Altitude' 6x6 pack.


The die cut sentiment is from Impression Obsession
and is called 'Merry Christmas Flourish' (DIE446).  The deer are part of the
die set but die cut separately so I was able to position them on
either side of the main sentiment.
A touch of sparkle was added using Stickles 'Star Dust'
around the focus panel as well as 'dotted' around to
mimic the sparkle of snow.
As you can see, I also used one of the triangle accent panels to adorn my matching cream colored envelopes.

Challenges to share in:
Animal Friends November Challenge - Special Fold w/animal (reindeer)
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #161 - Christmas Comes Early
Love to Craft November Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze Challenge - Not Square or Rectangle

Please be sure to pop over to the challenge blog and take a peek 
at what the DT has created to inspire you! 
 A very talented group of ladies!!  
And then come join in the fun!   
GOOD LUCK!!


Thanks for stopping by today and as always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Dar...classy and elegant colors and you should use that box up and sell them at your show!! I keep looking it to try and figure out how it all folds up..very cool shape/fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's pretty cool! Love that fold, not sure if I have ever seen it before! Love how you have decorated it! Festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clean and elegant Darlene...fabulous shape...the papers are gorgeous!! Beautifully done! Have a most wonderful weekend Darlene!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our November challenge 4 at Love to Craft, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's my kind of fancy fold -- one that comes already made! It looks tricky, but that's what's so cool about it and makes it very fun to receive. The paper is a beautiful color and I see some wood pattern, which I absolutely love, and, of course, the die set is awesome with the deer. You have a good eye for dies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow very cool card Darlene! Love the fold. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, was für eine schöne Karte!! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love that fold! Thank you for joining Through The Purple Haze


    Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
    FabrikaFantasy DT
    Through The Purple Haze (owner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, isn't it fun to find new supplies to work with, Love those papers and the pretty font on the sentiment, those deer in the corner are so cool, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Darlene, and such a fun design with those great folds...great colour choice too...
    Brilliant inspiration for our F&F Challenge...Hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!! The fold is unique and the background..stunning! I've gotten behind in my comments, but I wanted to thank you for playing with us at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene