Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Love Vintage Santa's

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Thanksgiving is nearly here and since I don't have to do all the cooking this year,  I'm busy creating holiday cards for friends and family.  I have found that the best way to get my mojo started is with a challenge ... whether it be a sketch ... color ... mood board ... there are so many wonderful blog challenges out there it's easy to find inspiration.

Today I'm going with the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge ...

I struggled a bit with what image to use but then I spotted this wonderful vintage Santa in one of the many Graphic45 paper packs I have and it was PERFECT!   Isn't he just fabulous?


The designer papers I used are Graphic45 and  Kaiser Craft.
My banner is from the Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' #CED4304 die set purchased from the Dies R Us store

Sue Wilson Designs - Pierced Flags

 and the snowflake is an old Spellbinder set I've had in my stash for awhile now.   I have covered it with glue using the Nuvo Large Glue Pen purchase from Sparkle & Sprinkle and Deco Art Glamour Dust.  So festive & pretty!



Did you notice the gold edge around my papers?  That was done freehand with a Gold Pilot Marker.  It has a large rounded tip and if you carefully run it down the edge of your paper, you get a beautiful look of a 'layer' without the bulk.  I learned this trick several years ago from a friend who was a retired art teacher and had a stamping store.  I use this method all the time ... especially during the holidays.

Challenges to share in:  
Simon Says Monday Challenge (ends 11/28) - Use 3 of something.
(3 Nuvo Pearl Drops)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #46 - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations Challenge #168 - Anything Goes
 Crafting From the Heart Challenge #137 - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #339 - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge #236 - Christmas

 Well I guess that does it for me today.
I hope you'll stop back tomorrow when I will have a creation to share for the new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  This will be their last challenge for 2016 ... and it's a fun one ... please come join us.


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Graphic45 dp, Kaiser Craft dp
Dies:  Spellbinder, Sue Wilson
Accessories:  Nuvo glue pen, Nuvo Crystal Drops, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Gold Pilot Marker, dimensional tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.