background

Friday, November 11, 2016

NO! Not yet!!

Hello Everyone!
I've been busy creating more 'goodies' for an upcoming show
and of course the usual cleaning, shopping, laundry, ...
you know domestic stuff!
But I thought I'd take a moment and look through the challenges that are
out there and create a card just for fun.

One of the theme's I saw pop up several times was WINTER ...
hence the title of this blog post!  LOL
So here's what I've created for your viewing pleasure today.


The first challenge that caught my attention was the 
I love making white on white cards ... but totally dislike trying to
get a good photo!  Grrrr!

Then there were those WINTER themed challenges I mentioned . . .
like the one at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Blog . . .
another one that caught my eye was the 


This card is SO pretty IRL but so difficult to capture it's
sparkle and beauty in a photo ... 
I know it's a camera setting but I just don't have the time (or patience)
to sit, read through and figure out what the heck they 
are talking about through all the online instructions for my camera!
I'm more of a 'hands on' instruction gal ...
One of these days I'll take a class or just 'winging it' and doing the best I can.

Well I'd better get back to work.
My mom is coming this afternoon and staying the night with us.
Hubby generously offered to help her figure out what was best for her in regards to her 2017 health insurance.  She has had the same insurance through my dad's work for the past 50 years and now they are dropping that offer and she has to find one on her own ... difficult for us let alone our elderly generation.  
AND it's all online ... she knows nothing about that stuff ... thank God for my smart hubby!!

Thanks for stopping by today ...
Have a wonderful weekend ahead and as always . . .



Recipe:
Paper:  White card stock
Dies:  Sue Wilson Festive Collection #CED3022 'Peeking Snowflake' and #CED3018 'Snowflake Background'
Accessories:  Nuvo Glue Pen, Crystal Glitter Ritz, Diamond Stickles, Dimensional Tape

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous and elegant Darlene

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks super pretty from here! Loving the white on white on white and sparkle lol Beautiful texture, gorgeous dies! This is exactly how I like my snow...On a pretty card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning. Thanks for playing along with us in our White on White Challenge this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card I love to use these dies. You have done well with the camera it captures all the detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought you did a great job on the photo! Very pretty card, glad you were able to make it and share with us at Craft Rocket challenges! Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is very pretty. I love the dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful white on white card. Love the background die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful white on white card, Darlene! Love the texture and the pretty sparkle! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this white on white. It's so pretty. Great dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful white on white card Darlene, love the dies you have used.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card... I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! So much texture and gorgeousness. I know how hard it is to photograph white, but this looks awesome! Another craft show! Busy gal, as always. Good luck to your mom with her insurance. I've got an appointment coming up because the prices are jumping in 2017 and I have to do better. Can't let insurance put me in the poorhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can imagine that in real life this is beautiful because it is so pretty in the picture. You have created a stunning card with these die cuts.
    Glad you joined us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is beautiful with all the glitter and pearls, I don't know if I have ever done a white on white, you have given great inspiration here, Love it!!
    Hope your hubby was able to help out your mom.... I do find it funny that they have all that stuff on line and not all older people especially are on the internet, I know my parents were before they passed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, I love the white on white.....relaxing on the eyes. Perfect dies for these challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card and so elegant too.Beautifully designed.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this card is absolutely stunnnnnnning!!! I can appreciate the frustration of trying to take pictures, but you have done a great job at showing the lovely details in your card with the pictures :) Thanks for playing along with us at C.R.A.F.T. this week :)
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene