Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Sisterhood of Crafters - Up! Up and Away!

Hello Friends and welcome back!
Today is a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters
and Vickie is our hostess.  The theme she has asked us to follow is:

UP! UP AND AWAY!
(anything that flies)

Looking through my dies & stamps I discovered this Cheery Lynn Designs
'Hot Air Balloon' die (#B360) that I've never used ... so here we go . . .
 

I wanted to bring full focus to my hot air balloon so simply
created a background using Tim Holtz distress inks,
a pine tree stamp (Stampscapes) which I merely stamped
the tops of the trees to give you an illusion of HEIGHT
and added a few ducks for DISTANCE (another Stampscapes stamp).


 

 Hot air balloon are always so colorful and beautiful
so today I decided to paper piece my balloon using a scrap
of designer paper that was laying on my work table.
(Love when I can use up some scraps!)

I have a stamp set that a bought a long time ago that
had 'flying' type images & sentiments that I
had in mind to use for the sentiment ...
BUT DO YOU THINK I COULD FIND IT???

NO!!!  Drat!!

But I did spot a sheet of Cloud9 simple sentiments
hanging on my peg board and thought this
sentiment would work just as well.  Hope you like it!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and
please come join in our challenge fun at
The Sisterhood of Crafters!!

As always . . .


 
Recipe:Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Goldenrod cs
Dies:   Cheery Lynn Designs 'Hot Air Balloon' die (#B360)
Stamps:  Stampscapes Pine Row (150E), Stampscapes Ducks in Formation (027A)
Accessories:  Tim Holtz distress ink (Broken China & Stormy Skies), Versafine Onyx, Mememto Bamboo Leaves, Large sponge daubers, Cloud 9 Simple Sentiments,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.