background

Friday, December 16, 2016

It's Fussy and Fancy Challenge Time

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at the 
 Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge
This new challenge is hosted by Jules and the theme she has chosen is

Angels/ Fairies or Winter
 
Our sponsor is LAWN FAWN

I must admit my mind was swirling with ideas with this theme!
Do I use an Angel?  Or use one of the several adorable Fairy dies I have in my stash.  
Hmmmm what to do ... what to do?  
Well ... here's what I came up with.


As you see I did decide on using a Fairy die ... this one is Spellbinder's 'Fairy Cierra' #S2-103 and I went with a Christmas/ Winter feel.

I wanted to use a metallic paper for added holiday shine so went with a wintery color combo of silver, white & blue.   recently received this beautiful Poppystamps 'Stitched Poinsettia Trio #1608 die set from the Dies R Us store and just knew they would go well with my Winter fairy.  The Memory Box 'Frostyville Border' #98146 added the 'snowy' element for this winter creation.

 A few touches of sparkle was added using Silver Stickles as well at Nuvo Glitter Drops 'Midnight Sky' as well as Nuvo Crystal Drops 'White'.

My sentiment stamp is from an OLD Hero Arts stamp set called 'Good Cheer' and my background paper (also OLD) is from a DCWV Winter Mat Stack.

I must admit I truly enjoyed making today's card!  It all seemed to come together quiet easily and with all the holiday hustle & bustle beginning, it was nice to have something come together with ease.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today and are inspired to come join in our challenge.  And, for more awesome inspiration be sure to pop over and see what my team mates have created ... OMGoodness ... so much talent on this team!!

Challenges to share in:
Memory Box Challenge #19 - Marvelous Metallics
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Christmas
Creative Knockouts Challenge #172 - Winter Wonderland / Festive Fun
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #456 - Snowflakes 
DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #194 - Any Winter Holiday
Star Stampz Challenge - Winter Holidays
Scrapy Land Challenge #55 - ATG w/dies
City Crafter Challenge #342 - Christmas things that float or fly
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #86 - Christmas

Hope to see you there!
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and love that fairy die.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love everything about this card, makes me want to get my dies out and play with them!! The stitched Poinsettias are gorgeous in all their shimmery goodness...well done my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Darlene!! the blues and silver are so very striking...beautifully done! Have a great weekend Darlene!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exquisite, Darlene! You are the die layering queen, indeed! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely creation Darlene! I am loving those Poinsettia flowers. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is so gorgeous oozing with elegance.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is glorious! Love the fairy and all of that beautiful silver! Your poinsettias are beyond gorgeous! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Darlene thank you for joining us over on
    Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge
    Dianne xx
    HJCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that is just Gorgeous!!! I love silver and white against dark blue and your flowers are just beautiful too, perfect put together card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my gosh... the fairy and the snowflakes and poinsettias -- what a fantastic combination! Absolutely magical! The perfect paper, too. Gorgeous, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty and ornate. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card.Loving all the elements.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WWWOOOOOOWWWW!!! This is gorgeous!!!
    Thank you so much for joining Scrapy Land Challenge with this beauty!
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue andsilver is a gorgeous ccombo and your card is spot on our theme. Wow! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely, Darlene! The poinsettias are just totally gorgeous! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image and great use of dies and embellies. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your flowers and the fairy!! Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene