background

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sisterhood - Celebrating January

Happy Wednesday Friends!
January is in full swing and the ladies of The Sisterhood of Crafter are back from holiday and anxious to share a new challenge.  The theme for the next couple of weeks is a fun one . . . check it out!
Diane is our hostess and she's asked us to 'Celebrate January' by using any of the words or themes in the board above!  I chose Snowflakes!  I figure since a snowman is created using a whole bunch of snowflakes,  he qualifies!  LOL


 I have a variety of snowman stamps but I liked the simplicity of this OLD Stampin' Up stamp.   Plus I got to use a few things that were sitting on my worktable for this creation.  Some of the new snowflake dies I have create some gorgeous snowflakes as the 'negative' portion to the die so of course I've saved them to use on such creations as today's.

And you can't have a wintry snowflake card without sparkle!  So I quickly ran a layer of Nuvo glue over each snowflake and sprinkled lavishly with Deco Art Glamour Dust.  So pretty!

I've used the new Tutti Designs Stitched Circle dies to cut my snowman and matting.  With a little larger margin between the two dies, I decided to draw little snowflakes with a white gelly roll pen as an added accent to Mr. Snowman.

Challenges to share in:
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge #36 - Anything Goes Christmas/Winter
City Crafter Challenge #344 - Blue Monday
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #325 - Snowflakes
Unicorn Challenge #17 - January Blues
ABC Christmas Challenge - A for ATG and B for Blue
Scrapyland Challenge #57 - ATG
Paper Sweeties January Inspiration Challenge

 
I hope you'll come join in our CELEBRATE JANUARY fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  You will have until January 22 to play along.  I look forward to seeing what every creates using this awesome mood board as inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV Winter Mat Stack dp
Stamps/Ink:  Stampin' Up, Sarasota Stamps, / Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Stitched Nesting Circles' #220, Amy Design 'Wintertide - Ice Crystal Swirl' #ADD10082, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' #CED4304, (snowflakes are the negative pop outs from the Poppy stamps 'Snowflake Oval Collage' die #1610
Accessories:  Nuvo glue, Deco Art glamour dust, white gelly roll pen


19 comments:

  1. Such a happy little snowman! Your card made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your little fellow with his sparkle-y snowflakes, such a cute stamp and happy guy, just perfect for the challenge! The background paper is fabulous as well, reminds me of swirling snow! Couldn't be any more perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this card.......I have such a weakness for snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that snowman! I never had him, but my friend once spent $117 at an SU! party so she could make the card that was demonstrated. Aren't we all crazy with this stuff? Sheesh! But he looks so cute on your card, and I love the itty bitty snowflakes you created, and the swirly paper. It sure looks like a celebration of January!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card my friend! So sweet!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, from Mr Snowman, to the glittery snowflakes, to the swirly base paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute! Love the adorable snowman and the snowflakes are so pretty! Fun sparkle!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that sentiment and your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that snowman is just the cutest and love the glittered snowflake swirl at the base of him, the paper gives the sense of swirling snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable snowman and love the sparkly die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sparkle & that cute snowman! Wonderful sentiment--I have a HA stamp with it but haven't used it in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Dar!
    I hope this finds you well. I always enjoy visiting your blog, and of course this time is no exception. Your sweet snowman card is SO cute. I'd like to invite you over to Paper Sweeties. This card would be PERFECT for our challenge, and it would be nice to have you play along for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Paper Sweeties and an opportunity to Guest Design. I really hope you will link up.

    Have a blessed week, my crafty friend!
    Karen
    Paper Sweeties
    www.papersweeties.com/category/blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cute Dar! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute snowman card, Darlene ... I love all of the glitter embellishments!! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sweeties in January :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Hugs
    Berni, DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I love the background paper and how it looks like snow is swirling. Thanks for sharing with us at Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning make thanks for playing at Unicorn Challenge Blog lisa DT https://handmadewithlovebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene