Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sisterhood - Celebrating January

Happy Wednesday Friends!
January is in full swing and the ladies of The Sisterhood of Crafter are back from holiday and anxious to share a new challenge.  The theme for the next couple of weeks is a fun one . . . check it out!
Diane is our hostess and she's asked us to 'Celebrate January' by using any of the words or themes in the board above!  I chose Snowflakes!  I figure since a snowman is created using a whole bunch of snowflakes,  he qualifies!  LOL


 I have a variety of snowman stamps but I liked the simplicity of this OLD Stampin' Up stamp.   Plus I got to use a few things that were sitting on my worktable for this creation.  Some of the new snowflake dies I have create some gorgeous snowflakes as the 'negative' portion to the die so of course I've saved them to use on such creations as today's.

And you can't have a wintry snowflake card without sparkle!  So I quickly ran a layer of Nuvo glue over each snowflake and sprinkled lavishly with Deco Art Glamour Dust.  So pretty!

I've used the new Tutti Designs Stitched Circle dies to cut my snowman and matting.  With a little larger margin between the two dies, I decided to draw little snowflakes with a white gelly roll pen as an added accent to Mr. Snowman.

Challenges to share in:
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge #36 - Anything Goes Christmas/Winter
City Crafter Challenge #344 - Blue Monday
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #325 - Snowflakes
Unicorn Challenge #17 - January Blues
ABC Christmas Challenge - A for ATG and B for Blue
Scrapyland Challenge #57 - ATG
Paper Sweeties January Inspiration Challenge

 
I hope you'll come join in our CELEBRATE JANUARY fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  You will have until January 22 to play along.  I look forward to seeing what every creates using this awesome mood board as inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV Winter Mat Stack dp
Stamps/Ink:  Stampin' Up, Sarasota Stamps, / Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Stitched Nesting Circles' #220, Amy Design 'Wintertide - Ice Crystal Swirl' #ADD10082, Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' #CED4304, (snowflakes are the negative pop outs from the Poppy stamps 'Snowflake Oval Collage' die #1610
Accessories:  Nuvo glue, Deco Art glamour dust, white gelly roll pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.