Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sisterhood - Simply Made

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
It's time for another fun challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Terri is our hostess today and she's ask us to create with the theme . . .

SIMPLY MADE

i.e. could be single layer creation, CAS (clean & simple), 
something without a lot of ribbons, layers or embellishments

Back at the beginning of the month I shared a new (to me) technique called Northern Lights.  While I had everything out on the worktable, I created a few extra background panels using this technique and decided to use one of those for today's card.  I hope you like it.  If you'd like to see more information on how to do this technique, you can check out my earlier blog post HERE

Hubby & I were in Alaska this past June 2016 and the only thing we regret is that our timing was not good for seeing the Northern Lights.  Guess that means we'll have to make ANOTHER trip and stay longer since that is at the top of his bucket list.

What a fun time I had getting inky!  And if you know me, you know I love making 'scenes' such as this.  I think they are perfect for masculine cards or for a generic note card as I have made today. 


After making the northern lights background, I stamped some trees (big and small) in the foreground and added a little 'snow' to the mountain peaks.  And, of course the night sky needed a whole lot of stars!  Because, when you are out in the dark wilderness like this, without the streetlights, there are a MILLION stars in the sky and it is AMAZING ... hence the sentiment!  (did you notice there's even a couple 'shooting stars' ... lol)

Challenges to share in:
Cards and More Challenge #176 - Still Winter (still winter up on the mountain)
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge  - Dies
 Artistic Inspiration Challenge #171 - Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Masculine

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters.
You will have until February 5th to get your entry added to the Inlinkz.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White card stock
Inks:  Various colors of SU, versafine onyx
Stamps:  Stampscapes
Accessories:  white gelly roll pen, small and large sponge daubers, gold Pilot marker (edging)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.