Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Butterfly Hello . . .

Happy Superbowl Sunday Everyone!
Just a few more hours and the BIG GAME will begin!
But in the meantime, I have created a
second card for the sketch challenge over on the


I totally forgot that they have a rule of sharing on only FOUR
challenges including theirs and my earlier entry had five ... oops.
So I will remember that rule this time around!  LOL 

As I stated before, I enjoy working with a sketch and this one
is a fun one to create with so here goes card #2 for this challenge!


I have a couple sheets of beautiful butterflies put out by K&Co
so today that was my choice of focus image.    This particular butterfly is a beauty!
It is two layers with color on both the chipboard bottom layer and
the top vellum layer ... so so pretty!

As on my original entry card, I have once again
Tutti Designs - Dies - Nesting Stitched Ovals
My background paper is Ken Oliver,
Satin ribbon is from my stash,
Avery Elle - Sentimentals
and the left corner butterflies are from the
Martha Stewart '3-in-1' Butterfly Punch.
I've also used Nuvo white crystal drops on the smaller
butterflies and the background panel for my focus butterfly.

Well I have lots to do before the game starts
so I'd best get busy! 

Thanks for stopping by and here's wishing
you a FABULOUS week ahead!!

As always . . .

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Darlene, for entering our challenge a second time. It broke my heart knowing your wonderful first card wasn't eligible to vote on. Your butterfly card is awesome and that background DSP is gorgeous! It's almost a shame to cover it up. But then the wonderful blue and mauve butterfly perched on your stitched oval makes up for it. Love the way you've kept to your butterfly theme throughout. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this flurry of butterflies! Agree with Heidi - that background DSP is gorgeous. So glad you entered a second card. Thanks for supporting Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of that Sketch! That butterfly is FABULOUS! Love the layering of it! I also love those mini butterflies with the crystal drops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card my friend! Love all those pretty butterflies!
    Yes we just started watching the game here too! Rooting for Patriots!
    Hugs,
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wow, this is so pretty! I love the butterfly and its bright colours and the background is made so well!
    Super Bowl: we heard about that over here and have seen some seconds about it on TV, but it means nothing at all to us in The Netherlands. Can you imagine that?!
    Hugs,
    Liaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your centerpiece butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous butterfly! Love those bitty butterflies, too. Nice to have them in a 3-in-1 punch. Beautiful paper, as well. I love doing sketches with my designer papers, but I'm so rarely current with challenges. Off to the dentist this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful! It is what I call a "Wow" card. Whoever receives this will say "Wow". You have made good use of the background and kept to the theme of Butterfly's. I just love the wings on the butterfly. Thank you for sharing your card this week on Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Heidi I felt so sad to see that you'd entered your first card in more challenges than we allow, so was excited to see a second card from you Darlene. And, it didn't disappoint! What a great job of mixing and matching stamps, papers and dies for your beautiful butterfly card. I love the blue butterfly. It appears to be flying off the page with it's oh so realistic gossamer wings. Thanks for re-entering the Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wow card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness that butterfly is just gorgeous, the layering is just wonderful, and such pretty papers to compliment it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card/butterfly Dar...you are poppin' them out in a beautiful flurry...lol...so fun to see what's next!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene