background

Monday, February 20, 2017

CAS Birthday

Happy Monday Everyone!
Here's another attempt at the CAS (clean and simple) design style.
If you know me, you know I like layers, embellishments, etc. on my cards 
so doing a CAS design is really difficult for me ... always seems
like it needs something more!  LOL

Today I'm using the sketch from the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge
for my card
and also the Clean & Simple with Sparkle theme for the

Here's my creation . . .

 I used the Technique Tuesday 'Stars' die set for my stars
and I kept the smaller stars to reinsert atop of the
added Stickles Diamonds layer.


The sparkle is beautiful and I really like the simplistic design!
My sentiment is a stamp by Inkadinkado
that I use a LOT ... love the font!

I'm going to keep practicing this style and have a selection of CAS cards available 
for my craft shows this year.  It's nice to have a variety of styles ...
even if creating them is a little out of my wheelhouse!

Thanks for stopping by!
 As always . . .

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful job with the challenge. Your stars really sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your CAS creation, it's perfect! I too struggle with these, they are not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS, Darlene! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes an absolutely perfect masculine birthday card! I seem to go for stars a lot for guy cards. Hmmmm... would it look girly with pink stars? I really love this, Darlene. I can see it's as flawlessly crafted as all your cards are. When you're not used to making CAS it can be more difficult and time consuming than piling it on, so a sketch really helps. I'm loving CAS more and more these days, but actually, I love pretty much anything that's well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Darlene, you certainly have created a CAS card. I love the simplicity of it as well. Beautiful colors you chose as well. Thank you for joining us on Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great CAS card! Love the use of the cut-out stars and the glitter underneath. Thanks for joining the fun this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene I'm always amazed that you find CAS cards out of your element because you always do such an amazing job with them. This card is no exception. Love the sparkly stars and the clean lines. Thanks for sharing it with the Watercooler Wednesday CAS Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Darlene! Love the CAS style and you did this beautifully!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining both challenges this week! Great card combining both sketches. You got that Sparkle down! (I am on the Design Team of both Try Stampin' on Tuesday and Watercooler Wednesday!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sparkle here and how you added the little stars in the middle, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you did your stars< Darlene! I'm going to remember your clever idea for one of my future cards. Thanks for sharing with Try Stampin' -OR Not- on Tuesday! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and full of sparkle-y goodness...and I think you are too hard on yourself as you do CAS just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the simplicity and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CAS card, Darlene! Love the sparkle in your stars...so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene