Thursday, February 16, 2017

Clean and Simple . . .

 . . . is definitely NOT my style 
but maybe some practice will help me improve!

Hello All and Happy Afternoon!

While working on some design team work today I thought possibly I could create
something in the CAS (clean and simple) style for a particular project ... but although I like the card, it just wasn't what I was looking for.


I used a circle punch of Eclipse Masking Medium for my 'moon' before 
sponging the upper part of my panel with Tim Holtz 'broken china' distress ink.
The lower portion was sponged with Tim Holtz 'tea die' distress ink and 
then I created my scene with the following stamps:
Seaside Stampin' 'Single Dune' #D236
Inkadinkado Sentiment #5626-M
Stampendous 'Sea Gulls'
Stampscapes 'Gulls' #302A

Not bad!  But I'll keep practicing and hopefully get better.

A few challenges to share in:
Ike's World Challenge #82 - Anything Goes w/twist - Nature
Inky Chicks Challenge #78 - Clean and Simple

I'll be back again real soon with another ATTEMPT at this style
but until then ... thanks so much for stopping by and
as always . . .


15 comments:

  1. Great project, I was looking at it and before clicking over I knew that Dune looked familiar.. i Have it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah this is incredible stunning and I LOVE the sentiment. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I think you have done a marvelous job in creating a CAS card.....I LOVE THIS!!! (I can't make a CAS to save my life--true story!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fabulous card you did a great job. and I really like that sentiment. I struggle with the "less is more" theme. clean and simple is hard to do but you done Awesome.
    pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card love the sentiment Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you were looking for, but I like it! I thought the dune grass was a die cut at first. The embossing is fantastic! You'd think I'd make more beach cards, living on the coast. This has a real serene and peaceful look to it. Beautiful sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - so simple but yet extremely effective :-) I love the colours of the background and your seamless blending. I think you did a marvelous job with this project and I really look forward to seeing some more from you.
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love your Scene Darlene
    Looks calm down and the color blended so beautifully
    Love!
    many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card very subtle colours. Thanks for joining Ikes world challenge
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the sentiment. Your scenery is beautiful. Matches perfectly with the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Car, I think your CAS is simply fabulous! You definitely should try more of it. :-D Putting on a DT hat - I'm delighted to see you playing in our challenge at Ike's World and wish you good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. no practice needed you have totally done a wonderful job on this!! Great job on the ink blending and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning card....your scene is so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful CAS make. Love the white space between your background coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Ike's World Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene