Thursday, February 2, 2017

Have a Hoot of a Day!

Hello All!
Hope you're having a fabulous week!
Today I decided to join in a few challenges out there in blogland
and here's what I've created:


It all started with the new challenge over on Watercooler Wednesday where 
this time around they are offering a sketch.


I find it so much easier to create when I have a sketch for my starting point.
And, I think this sketch is one that could be kept simple or you
could really elaborate and go crazy with it.
Oh and did I mention how honored I was to be their last challenge winner
at Watercooler Wednesday?  Thanks Gail for choosing my card!
YAY ... what fun!!

Anyways . . . I also spotted a couple of challenges that asked
you to use BIRDS.  This beautiful Inkadinkado owl stamp is as OLD AS THE HILLS
but still makes for an awesome focus image.  The stamp set is called 'Winter Birds'.
The background designer paper came from my scrap box, the little bird house is one that was cut from the Die-Namites 'Fancy Birdhouses'  DN-1168 so I could use just the branch on an upcoming (2/4) card creation and the sentiment is computer generated.  

Challenges to share in today:
Little Red Wagon Challenge - How 'tweet' it is!  Birds

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Scrap of dp ??
Stamps/Ink:  Inkadinkado 'Winter Birds', Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Die-Namites 'Fancy Birdhouses', Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Ovals'
Accessories:  Black Nuvo crystal drops, Black double stitched grosgrain ribbon, computer generated sentiment



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Darlene. The black and white makes it so striking and that owl...well, owls are my favourite. Lovely image in that stamp you used. What a great job you've done of combining challenges while still staying true to our sketch. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I have that stamp set and I love it! The owl is one of my faves, and so beautiful stamped in black. I like this set for Christmas cards. You've inspired me yet again, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that snowy owl is beautiful and I just adore that birdhouse die! This looks great in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great black and White card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Darlene and very unusual thank you so much for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is stunningly beautiful!! Thank you so much for dropping your gorgeous creation off with us at Fab 'n' Funky for our 'Birds' challenge. Your beautiful owl image is absolutely perfect! I LOVE it! Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card--from the "textured" base, to the lovely owl and swirls, to the stitched ovals--love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter in law loves owls. This is a beautiful B & W card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on that sketch, Darlene, and I really love all the different ways you did stitching! Fabulous in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a striking card! For an old stamp, I don't think I've ever seen it before. It's fabulous!!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. that owl stamp is so cool, and cute bird in house die too, that paper is just perfect with them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classy and elegant card...love that stamp you have used and you have nailed the sketch perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Darlene! It's GORGEOUS!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene, I love the black & white colour theme and the owl. You've really put a lot of detail in this, while still keeping to the sketch. And congratulations on your winning card in last week's challenge! It was a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Darlene! First, your blog looks so cute for Valentine's Day. So adorable. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us again. It's always such a blessing to me when you do. Have a wonderful week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card! Thanks for joining us for my challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WoW! Beautifully done. You have done a great job sticking to Marsha's sketch challenge. Thank you for sharing and joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet card Dar! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene