background

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Have a 'Tweet' Birthday!

Happy Saturday friends and thanks for stopping by today!
I haven't had anything to share the past couple of days so thought I'd do a little 'clean up' and see what was on my worktable that could be used for a card to share with you today ... (multitasking where I can, lol).

I spotted the Birthday challenges at Cut It Up and QKR Stampede so that was the direction I headed.  And, of course you can never have enough birthday cards in your stash.


You will see in weeks to come a few other creations using the beautiful Birds & Blooms stamps & dies from Heartfelt Creations (older sets but still beautiful).  I don't think to create with these fabulous sets nearly enough!   I'm always so happy with the outcome when I do.  These branches & birds were leftover from those upcoming DT creations so that was the next step in my birthday card creation.


My background panel was created using scraps of various design papers of the same color palette and adhering them to another white card stock panel using either scor-tape or double sided sticky paper.  I took a day (long time ago) and went through my scrap design papers and created these background panels ... again, I need to remember I have them and use them.

This is a GREAT way to use up scraps!  I know you have them!!  LOL

A few other challenges I'd like to share in today are:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge # 158 - Celebration + ribbon/trim
Creatalicious Challenge #109 - ATG w/ribbon or twine

Again, I thank you for stopping by!
How about this weather!!  Yesterday we set a record here in Akron, OH
at 77 degrees.  It was such a beautiful day/evening our neighbors gathered everyone
together for an evening of sitting around the bonfire sharing stories, snacks & wine.
It was like a summertime evening gathering in February!  CRAZY!!!
But very enjoyable!!
Today we are back to February weather with snow in the forecast!!  LOL

As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Hot Pink cs, SU Pear Pizazz cs, various dps to create background panel
Dies:  Heartfelt Creations, Tutti Designs 'Happy' #228 and 'Birthday' #229, Spellbinder 'Fancy Lattice' #S5-152, Sue Wilson 'California Collection 'Corner, Border, Tag' #CED1102
Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations
Accessories:  Really Reasonable Ribbon 'January Sweetheart Collection', Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker, Heartfelt Creations flower shaping kit, Nuvo white crystal drops, sequins,

15 comments:

  1. Those plump little birds are so cute, and love the flowers on the trellis. Your background has the look of sun slanting through a garden. Really beautiful, Darlene! I've been wanting to make some designer paper layouts with no regard to the image. Just layouts. Love doing that. 77 degrees? Holy cow! It snowed here yesterday morning. Didn't stick, but still... snow? Have we traded weather? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "Tweet" card Darlene! Gorgeous coloring on these adorable birds and flowers! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Darlene! This is awesome, and the flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing in our Celebrations Challenge. I hope that you will join us again soon. It's so nice to have you play along. Have a blessed week.
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dar! what a gorgeous card. Love how you created the background and all the bright colors. Cute birds and lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet card!!! LOVE the springy colors and the gorgeous birds and flowers!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we have scrap paper? Oh yeah! Too much of it. Your card is beautiful. I love the birds and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful card Darlene! Love the gorgeous flowers and the cute birdies! And yes the weather here has been like summer weather too! Just gorgeous! But today it is back to rain and thunder! I cannot wait for Spring to officially be here!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colorful birthday card, Darlene! Your birds and flowers are beautifully colored and are perfect for your background...great use of scraps, too. Your embellishments are awesome finishing touches and I love your perfect pink bow! Thank you for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our monthly Anything Goes & Include a Handmade Bow Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, our weather is crazy in Virginia this year, too. All the dogwood trees are in bloom, the daffodils are up, and yesterday I saw the first robin!
    The little birds on your card are just adorable. I like your idea of making card fronts with scraps, then just having them around to use. It sounds like a fun day of sorting and organizing. Just my thing! :)

    Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I do love those fat birdies, they remind of a couple plump Robins that were here yesterday (poor things, it was 23 out)...such pretty vibrant colors which we need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, I love your scraps background! Those birdies are so sweet. Just a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along in our Celebrations challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A GOrgeous design. I LOve your colours and such pretty dies too.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is just Gorgeous, I am glad you brought out this pretty set, your coloring of the little birdies is so cute, love the idea with your background, my scrap bin is overflowing at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. How VERY beautiful, love all the details and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Morgans Artworld. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene