background

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Oh how I long . . .

. . . for the dog days of summer!

YESTERDAY . . .


TODAY . . .

{Big Sigh}   Oh well, it is February in Ohio, USA so I shouldn't complain!!
Instead I'll just keep making cards that remind me of warmer times yet to come.
Like the card I have to share with you today.

The fun challenge offered up at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Blog is a color challenge and I thought I'd play along once again.  I'm really enjoying the challenge themes they've been offering!!  Here are the colors we are to create with this week. 


I didn't have the EXACT colors but I came as close as I could.


This card was created totally with dies (and 1 punch)!
I love creating scenery card like this and I think they can be used for a
variety of occasions!  

Sometimes my dark green card stock shows up black in my photos so here's
a close up to show the ivy vine is really dark green ... as it should be.


I couldn't decide what color to make my butterflies
then I spotted a scrap of multicolored inked card stock left
over from an earlier project and thought that would work beautifully!

A few challenges to share in:
(must remember Watercooler Wednesday only allows 4 including theirs)
 
Animal Friends February Challenge - No Designer Paper + animal
Happy Little Stamper - Anything Goes with Dies


Well that's it for me today!  Think I'll work on some DT projects!
Always nice to get ahead of the game!

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Card stock:  Sky Blue, Hunter Green, Olive green, Guava, Peach, Lavender, White
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs 'Chicken Wire Frame'  #FRM144, Tutti Designs 'Cherry Blossom Branch' #177, Sue Wilson 'Greek Island Collection Corner, Border, Tag' #CED5102, Precious Marieke 'Grass Border #PM10002, Memory Box 'Laborador' #879
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch, dimensional tape


20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Darlene. Love the silhouettes and the way you've used the colours. I'm so glad you're enjoying our variety of challenges. So happy to have you join in again this week for Marsha's Color Challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that's just awesome teamie...!! Love all the dies and the colours. Just amazing work!

    Big hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, you did a wonderful job of using the colors. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. I hope we see you come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha same weather here, yesterday 55 today an actual Blizzard! Fabulous card! Love the background die, reminds me of a trellis. Your ivy looks great climbing it! Sweet doggie! Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice card. I love all the dies that you used especially the ivy.

    Just looking at that snow makes me cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we're all dreaming of Spring and the end of the snow. But right now is a great time for snuggling in and crafting. You came up with a beautiful card for the Watercooler Wednesday Colour inspiration challenge this week Dar. Absolutely love all the die layers and the scene you've created. Your dark green is equivalent to our Hunter Green and goes beautifully with this selection. Thanks for sharing! Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have little faces peeping out of the ground and it is way too early hear. All we have had her so far this winter has been a few flurries. I love to have snow but it seems with each passing year it goes farther and farther North of us! I love your creation and those little butterflies just make my heart flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eine klasse Karte. Super!
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos could have been taken over here! Exactly the same weather thousends of kilometers away from you....
    Your card is amazing!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, they give you lots of pretty colors to work with, and you used them beautifully! I always love flowers with chicken wire. That's one of my favorite dies, yet it hasn't had love in a while. I'll have to fix that. Crazy weather, isn't it? We have lots of signs of spring, but too much rain and wind to get out in the garden. I have things that need trimming. They say maybe sun this weekend. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the chicken wire frame for the backdrop to your fun spring card, I have the same problem with my brown coming out looking black, love the doggy in the grass.
    Isn't this weather just crazy, but I will have to say I do enjoy the nicer days thrown in there every once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Darleen, The picture of your back yard looks like ours! What a great job on your card. I can relate to your choice of a beautiful flower garden behind a trellis. My card relected Summer as well. Your choice of colors worked out perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great combination of all those die cuts Darleen! And of course, my favourite part is the dog. Really looks like spring. Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love that chicken wire die - very cool! Thanks for including our challenge in your list of participation challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card and very autumnal colours. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die Challenge

    Emma - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, Darlene. I love the tiny butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Darlene !
    Thank you for joining the Animal Friends.
    Hugs Jessica DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous card Darlene.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene, this is STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL scene with lots of die cuts :D
    Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene