Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Dies R Us - Happy Birthday Cards

Hello Friends!
Today I have not one but TWO birthday cards to share that were created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and they are easy, fun and VERY mailable!

 How easy is this!
I was playing around with my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks last week and had a few panels sitting on my worktable so thought this one would look nice on a birthday card.    I also had this 'frame' which was left over from another project so why not use it too and help showcase my Poppy Stamps 'Jumbled Happy Birthday' sentiment die.  A few added Nuvo crystal drops and my card is ready to mail!

Poppystamps - Dies - Jumbled Happy Birthday

The blue frame was created using Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles' dies.

Tutti Designs - Dies - Nesting Stitched Rectangles

My second card (as I said) utilizes the same Poppy Stamps sentiment die but I used it a little differently since I wanted to share this fun Tutti Designs 'Balloon Corner' die on my card and the sentiment was too long to position the word Birthday  'as a whole'! 

  So, I simply snipped the 'day' from the birthday and placed it on the bottom with 3 dots following from Nuvo crystal drops.  I also filled the little openings in the balloons with various colors of Nuvo crystal drops for a touch of color.


Remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample being shared by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

Challenges to share in:
Seize the Birthday Challenge - ATG Birthday
Come and Get It Challenge - Birthday
Simon Says Monday Challenge - It's A Frame Up
Crafty Cardmakers #188 - Add a Sentiment
 Ooh La La Challenge #228 - Something Beginning with "B" (Blue, Birthday, Balloons)

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

14 comments:

  1. Mailable. I LOVE mailable cards. These are both cute. Love the Happy Birthday die. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are just gorgeous. I love the colour combos and especially love the background on the first one. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say again, Darlene... you're GOOD with those oxide inks! That card makes a bold and happy statement, good for a guy or a girl. The second one is all girl, young or old. Both very versatile cards, and awesome when it comes time to mail them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB cards! I love your colorful background and that BIG Happy Birthday, it's a totally party! And your 2nd one with the fun balloons and all of those pretty Nuvo Drops is another Party! These are FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards Darlene! What fun! Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It!
    Carolyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fun cards but I particularly like the way you put the first one together. To use the frame like that is fab. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, love the bold HB! It looks great on the blue stitched frame and then framed again with the black Glad you've joined our Monday challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fab cards. I love how you snipped off the 'Day' on the 2nd one too. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two Birthday cards are fabulous! Love the boldness of the sentiments too! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both great, I love how the whimsical lettering goes great with the terrific Oxide background and with the playful balloons, Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely birthday aare. Pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both lovely designs. Nice use of dies to celebrate birthdays. CAS and very pretty. Thank you for sharing your design in our Add a Sentiment Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card, they are great dies, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful cards, I love the background you have created with the Oxide inks. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene