background

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Untie the Ribbons . . .

Happy Day All!
Today I have two things to share with you!
First is a card I created this morning to satisfy a couple of challenges that caught my eye!  First is the Butterfly Challenge which requires 'Layers and the color Cream' and secondly the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge asking for a 'bit of sparkle'.  And, here's what I came up with . . .


I love using layers on my creations so the Butterfly Challenge really appealed to me!
A list of all products used will be at the end of this post. 
I was actually able to use up a few 'bits & bobs' that were laying on
my work station from other projects (love when that happens).

Close Up of the Sparkle
A few other challenges to share in:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - ATG + Sentiment
Cards 4 Galz Challenge #47 - Add some texture
The Paper Shelter Challenge #294 - Stitching (faux or real)

SECONDLY ...
If you recall, a few weeks ago my friend Sandy came and stayed
with us for a week in order to attend the annual Adventures in Stamping
convention and do some family / friends visiting.  She moved to N.C. a few
years ago and you know how it is when you get back in the area ... so many things to do & people to see!

Anyways, look what came in the mail for us the other day from Sandy . . .

ISN'T IT GORGEOUS!!!
 I have never made a 'shadow box' card like this but I will be 
using Sandy's gorgeous card as my sample to give it a try!  The details on this
creation are AMAZING and just gorgeous!  Oh yea, and she also included
a gift card to our favorite breakfast joint inside an awesome 
gift card holder within this beautiful card!

AND . . . THIS is the awesome handmade box she
made and mailed my gorgeous card in!  It was a little 'smooshed'
but not bad at all!  She is retired for the USPS so she knows
what will mail and what won't!  I would have been afraid to do this!
THANKS SANDY!!

Well hubby is wanting me to come sit on the deck and enjoy a bite of lunch
so I'd better skadaddle!

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  Cream cs, white cs, DCWV dp, scraps of dp
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles'Frantic Stamper 'Spring Ivy', Elizabeth Craft 'Butterfly Silhouette #704, Butterfly Overlay 1' #705, Sue Wilson 'Shadow Box Collection Lattice Frame'
Accessories:  RRR satin ribbon, Heartfelt Creations stamp/die set, Diamond Stickles, dimensional tape, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker



24 comments:

  1. gorgeous card you have made and resieved Darlene

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, especially the butterfly card, which is stunning! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is gorgeous, the shadow box is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, such a pretty card, the pop of colour in the corner with your flowers are stunning. Good luck with the MAWTT challenge. Janice DT MAWTT http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your butterfly card is the perfect design for my challenge. I love the lattice work with the spotty paper behind (would not have thought of that) and all those gorgeous flowers in such pretty summer colours. That has to be the best sentiment too. Thnkyou for fluttering into my butterfly garden with this super card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Amazing card!! Great design! Love so much the adorable Heartfelt flowers, such fab bunch of colours on the stitched trellis! Lovely big butterfly and sentiment!
    Thanks so much for entering in the Butterfly Challenge#79

    ...Fab shadow box too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card that you made. Love that sparkle.

    The shadow box is pretty, also. I've never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a stunning card love the butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterfly card is lovely! I love the background die cut you used and the colors just speak to me! Secondly, the shadow box is amazing and what a sweet thank you. Hope you are looking forward to a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love all the colors and the way the card looks. Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous! I LOVE everything about it! From the background die to the pretty flowers and fabulous butterfly! WOW! And you already know how I feel about your friend's card.....does she ever get to Cape Cod??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is lovely Darlene. I really like the lattice and all your embellishments are stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, love your butterfly card! I had to go look at the lattice set. So pretty! Love the sentiment, too, and all your "bits & bobs". What a nice gift so beautifully packaged from your friend. I'm inspired all over the place today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is a stunning card. I love the beautiful butterfly and the pretty flowers on the trellis! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our butterflies challenge!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowzers!! love it, so pretty and so many wonderful details. The butterfly is stunning :) and your friend sent such a gorgeous creation too. thanks for visiting my blog, I'm glad I found your blog, love your work and am happy to be a follower. Look forward to loads of inspiration.
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Dar, full of wonderful textures and such lovely, soft colors. Beautiful lattice work with those tiny, pretty little flowers! And your gift card and box are beautiful! Wow! I imagine that brought a big smile to your face! So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    crafty hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful, love the background to your lovely butterfly and the colors in the flowers is so pretty!!
    I have not tried a shadow box card but she truly gave you a lovely card for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is stunning Dar with all the beautiful details, and the colors are beautifully blended,,so VERY pretty!! What a fun card to receive from your friend, how nice and thoughtful of her..two gifts in one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards Arlene! They are so elegant and I love the sparkly butterfly, it's so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, Darlene. Love all your intricate die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey there girlfriend!!!! I'm here to leave you a comment for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ. This card is awesome. I love the die cuts and that satin bow is beautiful! Glad you joined us this month! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene