Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Butterflies in Flight

Hello my friends!
How excited am I to share a creation with you today
that was designed for the Crafting By Design Challenge Blog!
Back in April, I was chosen as a Spotlight Winner
and was asked to be a guest designer for June ... what an honor!
Thanks so much Doris!


The theme for this weeks challenge is:

THINGS WITH WINGS

and the sponsor is:

Prize - $10 gift certificate to store

Here's what I have created . . .


Yep ... some of you may have guessed,
I am playing with my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks again to create my background panel and my butterfly spray.  I used various colors for the background panel but only the Broken China and Wilted Violet for the panel I die cut this beautiful Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' die.

To create a 'backdrop' for my butterflies, I used the Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame Borders' die set.  I used various sizes to create these two panels then popped up the outside panel with dimensional tape.


A couple drops of Nuvo White Crystal Drops were added to the body of the butterflies to add more dimension.  The sentiment I have used today is from a very old Stampin' Up set (circa 2006) called Song Birds.  A few coordinating sequins and my card is ready to send.

Here's a peek at the inside:

If you are not familiar with the Crafting By Design Challenge Blog
please pop over and check them out!  Then of course, join in the challenge fun!

Challenges to share in:
Mix It Up Challenge #2 - ATG + Stamping
City Crafters Challenge #366 - Frame It
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge #243 - Bright Colors
Animal Friends Challenge - Animals with wings
Ching-Chou Kuik June Challenge - Butterflies (2)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs
Inks:  Tim Holts Distress Oxide Inks:  Amber, Pistachio, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade
Dies:  Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies #99078, Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders #99124,
Accessories:  large sponge daubers, sequins, dimensional tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.