Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Flowers for you!!

Hello Friends!  
Today I have a card to share for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog
and decided to create using some of my newest Sue Wilson dies and my favorite color!


The dies I have used on today's creation are:

Sue Wilson Designs - Finishing Touches Collection - Queen Anne's Lace
Sue Wilson Designs - Cathedral Background
Sue Wilson Designs - Finishing Touches Collection - Hobnail Vase


From time to time I go through my scraps of designer paper and start cutting strips to create background panels for cards vs throwing them away.  I have used one of those panels today for my background.


I've used the smaller of the two oval dies for the opening in my Sue Wilson background panel.  Then, I used the larger oval die to cut my decorative panel and adhered it to the back of my cathedral background panel.


I then cut the same size panel as my Cathedral Background from shimmery purple card stock and adhered to the back to 'pull the colors together'.


Once that was completed I decided to add some sparkle to the outside edge.   To do that I simply used Scor-tape around the outside edge and sprinkled Glamour Dust on each side.  Being sure to burnish it with my finger to remove all the excess glitter.  You can use the glitter of your choice for this step of course!

Now it's time to assemble my vase of flowers . . .


After die cutting the Vase and two sets of flowers, I decided to add some sparkle using touches of white glue and the same Glamour Dust glitter I used around the outside decorative panel of my background.

Though a bit difficult to see in the photos, it is really pretty in real life!

Next came arranging the flowers in the vase.  I added dimensional tape to the back of the vase then simply laid each stem into the vase as my arrangement came together.

Adding a little piece of dimensional tape to the back of each flower, my overall design was popped up and beautiful!  I'm sure this card will bring a smile!  LOL ... I know I'm smiling!



Challenges to share in:
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Add Sparkle
Allsorts Challenge #419 - Use 2 or more Dies
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #176 - Cards (optional - one layer)
Create and Inspire Challenge #63 - ATG (optional - tag you're it)
Daisy Chain Challenge #9 - Monochromatic
Eclectic Ellapu June Challenge - Touch of Pink and/or Purple
The Flower Challenge #9 - ATG

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.