Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Buttons

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge at

Our hostess today is Anna and she has chosen the theme ...

BUTTONS

I must admit I rarely use buttons on my cards.  
Probably because it might add bulk which then adds costs for mailing.  I sell a lot of my cards and the ladies either want one stamp creations or they don't give a hoot and go for the ones with lots of layers &  embellishments!  LOL


But today, when I saw Anna's theme, my mind went immediately went to the old 'button jar' my mom & grandmother both had.   
Back in the day ... (giving away my age) ... we did our laundry with the old wringer washer.  Well, it never failed, if you didn't get the blouses & shirts started through the wringer proper, you were sure to pop off a few buttons.  When this happened Mom would simply add them to the jar along with all the buttons that were cut from older garments that were being discarded.  And trust me ... nothing was 'discarded' until it was WELL WORN by several in the family!  
Do you remember the days of HAND ME DOWNS?  LOL


And the jar we used was usually a quart size canning jar (aka Mason Jar).
There were always a lot of those around because we home canned everything under the sun!!  We had a huge garden and with three of us girls, we spent many hours helping Mom do the canning every summer/fall.

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #129 - ATG
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - ATG
Crafty Creations Challenge #344 - ATG
Little Red Wagon Challenge #400 - Three of a Kind (buttons)

I hope you like my card and will come join in our fun challenge.
The design team has some amazing creations to share so please pop over to the BLOG and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, light pink cs, dark pink cs, Crafty Secrets 'pastels' dp, Scrap of green foil paper, white vellum
Dies:  Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Squares', Yvonne Creations 'Spring-tastic Corner', Impression Obsession 'Mason Jar'
Accessories:  Buttons, Dimensional tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.