Friday, June 30, 2017

Wish You Were Here . . .

Hello Friends!
Before all the 4th of July festivities begins, I wanted to play along
with the fun challenge over at the Pause Dream Enjoy blog where the theme is

Ch# 179 Summer Fun

Optional: Fun Fold Cards


I really had fun creating my background using some of the new Tim Holtz oxide ink colors, masking medium and a paint brush.  After the panel was dry, I went in with another paint brush and added Delta Creative 'Ceramcoat Pearl Finish' to create the waves in the ocean and shoreline.  Here's a better photo so you can see the waves.


And, as you can see I made an EASEL card  for the optional 'fun fold' portion of the challenge.  I was going to use seashells to for my front panel to rest upon but then spotted this cute 'Memory Box Sandal Border' and thought 'How Fun would that be!' ... I'm kind of a flip flop junkie!!  LOL


I die cut my flip flop border 6 times, coloring only one of the panels using a variety of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers then glued them all together ... looks so cool in real life!  LOL

And, here's the card closed.


Well, it's time to make the Grilled Chicken Salads for dinner so I'd better get moving!

Challenges to share in:
City Crafter Challenge #368 - Let's Go Outside and Play

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory 110# cs
Inks:  Tim Holtz oxide distress inks: Broken China, Amber, Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Adirondack Chairs #DIE177, Impression Obsession 'Umbrella' #DIE181, Memory Box 'Sandal Border' #98332
Stamps:  (OLD) Flourishes 'Beach Life', Stampscapes 'Crane in H2O' #163A, Stampendous (seagulls)




15 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Darlene, love your painting and the colourful scene, great idea to use the sandals for the easel stand

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card for the summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! this is an amazing Summer card, love the vivid colors and all the fantastic details, those little flip flops are just the cutest.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love those cute flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks nice and relaxing, fantastic job on the background and I totally love the surprise of the flip flops to hold up the easel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oh my you sure know how to nail a theme. This is stunning!! Thechairs and flip flops are fab details! And spot on our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, you've outdone yourself here, Darlene! Maybe it's just because I'm longing for some sunshine, but this is just so awesome! Fabulous sky, beach, and ocean. Love the two chairs, and those flip flops are too cute! I thought you'd cut them from fun foam at first. They look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at PDE Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous!! I love your BG and the design is so brilliant! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this fun card! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!
    What an awesome summer scene you have created!!
    Loves it!!!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Lazy Summer Days challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness, I love, love your easel card and those flip flops are FABULOUS!! You have been busy while I was gone and made lots of wonderful cards, this one is no exception...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene